Here Is The Entire BADBADNOTGOOD Twitter Q&A

All 85 Q&As

95
mscend

On July 13th, the boys of BADBADNOTGOOD decided to host a Twitter Q&A. Here it is in its entirety:

*** Some questions have been deleted***

1. ‏@tlapadimaja_ : are you guys making an album with @KAYTRANADA
    1. We have a bunch of songs in the vault with him and he's a good friend of ours so hopefully!!!!! #askbadbad
  2. @hiatuskaiyote: pancakes or waffles?
    1. pancakes with super pure #maplesyrup yum!!
  3. @lucasmarinas: @badbadnotgood favourite place to eat in toronto #askbadbad
    1. ohh geez baad that's a tuffy! the Fish Store in College is pretty darn scrumptious every time #askbadbad
  4. @mleebass: @badbadnotgood #askbadbad For Chester: Every Time I have seen you in person you are in the same white stussy tee. Is it a good luck thing?
    1. Yeah good luck! I'm also too lazy to coordinate different outfits lol #askbadbad
  5. ‏@MichaelMartinai: @badbadnotgood What's your guys favorite Jazz Standards??
    1. stablemates at the current time ;) - Chompy Lee
  6. ‏@walkinrazor_: .@badbadnotgood does chester use flatwounds?
    1. Ooooh yeah I do ;)
  7. Question is no longer available, but the answer was:
    1. Chester - Barista Leland - Sax Tech Alex - Massage Therapist Matty - Geek Squad Tech
  8. @bigspanks: @badbadnotgood who did you enjoy collaborating with more, Tyler or Ghostface? Or is it a push? #askbadbad
    1. They're both awesome!!! We've played way more with Ghost so working with Tyler would be sweet #askbadbad
  9. ‏@Slothsandcloths: @badbadnotgood #askbadbad is it wierd that I thought "chompys paradise" could've been used in the "taxi driver" soundtrack? S/O BBNG btw
    1. No that's amazing!!! Thank you! #askbadbad
  10. ‏@AtariGun: @badbadnotgood how was it working with mick on track 8. #askbadbad
    1. Mick is an amazing creative and working ideas and vibes is with him is incredible!! vocally always on #askbadbad
  11. ‏@itscontour: @badbadnotgood advice for beginners at playing instruments? practice tips?
    1. Work hard but make sure it's fun first! Jam with friends and don't get discouraged!
  12. @_Deniece_: #askbadbad @badbadnotgood when are you and @HiatusKaiyote making magic!!
    1. actually super overdue and would love to work on some vibes with the amazing HK!!
  13. @BLCKFNZ: @badbadnotgood @walkinrazor_ are you guys ever going collaborate with maybe herbie Hancock or maybe Arthur verocai?
    1. Those two are at the top of our dream list for sure!!
  14. @B31K1N: @badbadnotgood #askbadbad What's Leland's setup on sax?
    1. Aye, some vintage mouthpiece, p. Mauriat tenor, and rigotti reeds and a whack load of other instruments. #askbadbad
  15. @LAKIMisAlive: @badbadnotgood Love the new albums, guys. Need to link up soon!
    1. Absolutely!!!!!!!!
  16. @papitojuanitoo:@badbadnotgood what kind of music do you guys listen to on tour? Also, is Chester in the illuminati? #askbadbad
    1. Steely Dan mostly! And maybe ;) #askbadbad
  17. @Tomodhorrible: @badbadnotgood where's the "i got a bad feeling about this' sample on the first tape from?? #askbadbad
    1. Star Wars but don't get us sued #askbadbad
  18. @danny234: @badbadnotgood what's the first song you ever bought?
    1. Aye Leland here the first album I bought was limp bizkit chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavored water lolol
  19. @ryanSURstark: @badbadnotgood can we expect another collab on the same level of heat as Sour Soul with @GhostfaceKillah ????
    1. We got a ton of people we wanna work with so fingers crossed we can make that heat again!!
  20. @Sloth_Hipster: @badbadnotgood Do you guys feel like establishing progressions helps more or do you guys just feel for what sounds good #askbadbad
    1. trying lots of different approaches to writing is the best way, work on chords or jam improv or both #askbadbad
  21. @Hi_Tahme: @badbadnotgood what sort of scene was it, in the studio when you were making Confessions? #askbadbad
    1. Dim lighting, strong incense and broken hearts
  22. @sharpestelbowz: @badbadnotgood Alex, for time moves slowly, do you use brushes or are u jst a gawd? Cause that drum line is mind boggling.
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753279475...
  23. @MarcusW: @badbadnotgood #askbadbad If your music was as smoothie, what flavors would it be?
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753279643...
  24. @mendichan: @badbadnotgood how are you guys today
    1. Greatttt hbu?
  25. @supaflyyellaguy: @badbadnotgood have you done any instrumental work on Frank Ocean's new album? Can you also please confirm there is an album?
    1. We have not but we really hope he puts something out soon!! The world needs it.
  26. @Drewdring: How did you guys end up making the 2nd half of Ray Gun? That trombone was like ear sex.@badbadnotgood
    1. Shouts out to @FrankDukes @rivertiber and @Chompy_Lee on that one!
  27. @StephEnglish_ #askbadbad sense you guys are a jazz influenced group have you all ever listened to an artist called Lonnie Listen Smith? @badbadnotgood
    1. We love Lonnie!!! #askbadbad
  28. @trapnursery: @badbadnotgood the pop-up shop was sick, are you guys planning on doing anymore somewhere else?
    1. That'd be great!
  29. @LAMBOLAMBO: @badbadnotgood would you rather be a dolphin or a bald eagle? #askbadbad
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753280436...
  30. @SpaghettiMuseum: Was it a conscious decision to go shirtless for the new lp cover? Going from masks to nips, more confident?
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753280573...
  31. @stonoian: @badbadnotgood what’s your favorite cartoon?
    1. Calvin and Hobbes
  32. @LIFEOFPABLO: @badbadnotgood what was it like working with kaytranada?
    1. Incredible!! Kay is the best
  33. @DiamondLights61: @badbadnotgood You've collabed with DOOM a few times now, have you seen the man's face?
    1. Once very briefly
  34. @TommyKruise: @badbadnotgood DO Y'ALL FUCK WITH LIL B - COLLEGE BROS SONG
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753280947...
  35. @Mike_TheDrummer: @badbadnotgood how often do you guys practice? #askbadbad
    1. Never enough haha #askbadbad
  36. @quivalentZack:@badbadnotgood you guys ever gonna do a collab with @wikset
    1. v much hope so, love 3 Stories Wiki + Kay
  37. @cutebuttsaga: @badbadnotgood are there any other hidden Dragon Ball Z references on IV besides the one Mick drops?
    1. Naw but DBZ ruuules
  38. @kaelinsuperhero: @badbadnotgood WHAT IS THAT A PICTURE OF EXACTLY FOR THE III ALBUM COVER?? #askbadbad
    1. standing over a mirror actually and the black boarder was because of the exposure the boy @connorowe  #askbadbad
  39. @EKKAH: Have you every collaborated with a female saxophonist?! @badbadnotgood #askbadbad
    1. well @cdaydreamz plays a great honkin Sax but she's forgot to bring it so hopefully next time #askbadbad
  40. @thatsbigjohnson: @badbadnotgood for how long have each of you guys played your respective instrument?
    1. Chester - 9-10 years, Leland - 10 years, Alex - 12 years, Matty - 10 years
  41. @karimswift:@badbadnotgood y'all putting out any music videos for iv? #askbadbad
    1. ohh yaa!!! #askbadbad
  42. @mangodiscorecs:@badbadnotgood don't lie you know you're listening to Steve Kuhn.
    1. yes 100% such an amazing piano player/singer
  43. @NoSwagAdrian: @badbadnotgood are there any possibilities of you guys and GhostFace getting together again and making a Sour Soul 2? Great album tbh
    1. Who knows! That'd be amazing
  44. @cryformaranda:@badbadnotgood how was the house of vans show with diiv and sunflower bean? so many of my fave artists and i missed it :( #askbadbad
    1. It was super fun! Had never heard @Sunflower_Bean and they were DOPE #askbadbad
    2. we we're blown away with their performance at the House of @VANS_66 in NY and stoked to hear/see more
  45. @fapcircle: you ever plan on coming to orlando @badbadnotgood #askbadbad
    1. Trying to line up a Disney World residency for 2040 #askbadbad
  46. @hailtothetweet: @badbadnotgood do you play Pokemon go? #askbadbad
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753284194...
  47. @MunibElkhatib: @badbadnotgood You guys been playing any video games lately? The new album is fantastic, thank you guys! #askbadbad
    1. Just beat super ghouls n ghosts probably not gonna go anywhere near video games for a while now
  48. @Jamie_Strong: @badbadnotgood what was the thread count of the towels used on the album cover? #askbadbad
    1. .@Jamie_Strong wish we knew the #truth #askbadbad PICTURE
  49. @falconettt: @badbadnotgood I'm sad right now, can you guys tell me you love me? That'll make my day better #askbadbad
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753285120...
  50. @shawnzie: @badbadnotgood You guys playing another hometown show before year's end after WayHome?
    1. Nothing on the books but we'd love to!
  51. @YungDuro: @badbadnotgood you guys should work with The Internet! #askbadbad
    1. Shoutout the homies @intanetz that would be amazing #askbadbad
  52. @Math505:@badbadnotgood Hi guys! What did you think about the show in Brazil? #askbadbad
    1. It was amazing!!! We love Brazil #askbadbad
  53. @vegheaux: @badbadnotgood do black lives matter? #askbadbad
    1. no question. #blacklivesmatter fuck white supremacy #askbadbad
  54. @noahbooth1: @badbadnotgood can Leland play careless whisper #askbadbad
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753286141...
  55. @ThomasPrto: @badbadnotgood how did you get in touch with Jerry Paper ? #askbadbad
    1. Matty and jerry were MySpace friends for years and eventually decided to get in the studio and make some magic
  56. @itsthedarcys:.@badbadnotgood How many finished tracks did you leave off the most recent album (if any) & what tracks influenced "In Your Eyes" #askbadbad
    1. About 7-8 complete B-sides! No specific references but a bunch of old soul-psych-folk stuff #askbadbad
    2. @trillmueller: @badbadnotgood @itsthedarcys will these make it for release like previous singles? (Boogie, velvet, here & now, timewave)
      1. Hope so!!
  57. @yung_stfu: @badbadnotgood is poutine just hype or is it actually gas?? #askbadbad
    1. Depends where you get it but it can be Premium High Octane !!!! #askbadbad
  58. @TheChampton: @badbadnotgood now requesting Leland to play Baker Street
    1. https://twitter.com/badbadnotgood/status/753288037...
  59. @be_mesCudi: @badbadnotgood #askbadbad Not really a question but I just wanted to personally say thank you for the music you produce
    1. aye merci beaucoup! #askbadbad
  60. @GregMurray7: @badbadnotgood what's your favourite movie? Also, your band name has always struck me as amazing #askbadbad
    1. Blade Runner, and thanks!! #askbadbad
  61. @zbuzbuzbuzbu: you ever come to Ukraine? @badbadnotgood #askbadbad
    1. My grandmother was born there and it'd be amazing to visit someday! - Chester #askbadbad
  62. @cardenas_jonah: This ones for Matt, what's your favorite type of chord? (Maj7s, minors, etc.) #askbadbad
    1. Minor 6 BIGTYME #askbadbad
  63. Leland = Mike Wazowski??? #askbadbad
    1. lololol damn!! Mikes a legend tho #askbadbad
  64. @CJBulanda :Have you guys ever met madlib #askbadbad #askbadbad
  65. @_The_Patriarchy: #askbadbad alex who are some of your fav jazz and funk drummers. Also what snare do you use and what snare head. WHAT I REALL SHOULD BE ASKING IS WHAT HIGH HATS DO YOU USE! Disregard everything else!
    1. Earl Palmer, Billy Cobham, Elvin Jones so many to name! Ludwig Accrolite or vintage wood snare, remo ;) #askbadbad
  66. @Fendermcbender: #askbadbad you guys remember coming to the rave in milwaukee when you had like fifteen people there? I bought a II shirt off you afterwards!
    1. Woaaaa blast from the past!! Thanks so much for supporting us man!! That was a weird fun show!! #askbadbad
  67. @DeloresPiccini: #askbadbad Hey sexy pants, do you remember me? It's Dirty Dill from the Mac DeMarco Nelsonville festival extravaganza
    1. what's up Dilly Boy!?!?! what a wicked concert ehh #askbadbad
  68. @yung_stfu; @badbadnotgood what were the studio vibes for chompys paradise?? I feel like I'm in the clouds when listening to it #askbadbad
    1. Very magical, the vibez were strong!! #askbadbad
  69. @jon_dorson73: @badbadnotgood how did u initiate Leland into BBNG? Was blood spilled? #askbadbad
    1. I'd rather not say...it was a very dark time in my life -lee boi
  70. @RugbyWild: @badbadnotgood new album makes me wanna fall in love with somebody
  71. @wheelerdrive: @badbadnotgood yall fuck w king crimson? #askbadbad
    1. HELL YEAH #askbadbad
  72. @Pell_Bepper: Ever plan on working with Tyler the Creator or Ghostface any time soon? Maybe even others? (mf doom plz) @badbadnotgood #askbadbad
    1. Would be amazing. Don't have any answers now but who knows where the future will take us
  73. @kleixa: @badbadnotgood if you could score a film for any director, who would it be? #askbadbad
    1. Wes Anderson would be v cool
  74. @BrohanJoe: #askbadbad Sorry i'm asking again but will you put BBNG2 and former albums on spotify some day ? @badbadnotgood
    1. those are kinda mixtapes we made that live on the webs for now #askbadbad
  75. @KalePizza: @badbadnotgood any Edmonton stops soon? Your guys' show for III was one of best live shows I've ever seen. I'd love to see Leland this time.
    1. Maybe in the future! I'd love to see you too -lee boi
  76. @hennjam: @badbadnotgood you guys should make a residency in Dublin's @sugarclubdublin #TellBadBad
    1. Of course those are the homies!!!
  77. @amaduru: @badbadnotgood favorite Wu solo album? #askbadbad
    1. Supreme Clientele ;) #askbadbad
  78. @MBSchonze: @badbadnotgood 'member that time we drank Ghostface's Hennessy
    1. what a time to be alive ;)
  79. @kleixa: @badbadnotgood what's the most lit you guys have ever been.
    1. When I ended up in the drunk tank - Leland
  80. @MattBaertsoen: If @LeFtO would ask you very polite to come over & do a show in his hometown Ghent (Belgium), will you say yes? #askbadbad #leftopresents
    1. @LeFtO is the homieeee so we'd love to do that one day! Ghent is beautiful #askbadbad
  81. @JosePadilla_17: Will you ever cover more videogame music in the future? #askbadbad
    1. Soooo stoked for Breath of the Wild. Maybe one day #askbadbad
  82. @dorianxlion: @badbadnotgood any advice/tips on getting better with creating chord progressions on the keys? More so jazz-esque? #askbadbad
    1. Transcribe more chord progressions and find sounds you like
  83. @odalycious: @badbadnotgood is logic or ableton better? #askbadbad
    1. Depends what you're doing, recently getting into ableton and it's tight #askbadbad
  84. @WackNihilist: @badbadnotgood Favorite jazz pianists? #askbadbad
    1. Herbie Hancock, Steve Kuhn, And Bill Evans are a few favourites around here
  85. @seedsofyaris69: HoW mUcH Ku$h Sm0kE dO YoU fILL sTuDi0 69 wItH?????????? #askbadbad
a. 420 cubic metres of ku$h smoke!!! #askbadbad