The "No-No's" of Engagement Photos

10 Of The Biggest 'No-No's' Of An Engagement Photoshoot As Told By A Bride Who Has Gone Through Them

Engagement photos are as fun as you make them!

19
Megan Hayes

Being engaged is a very exciting season of life. Or as exciting as you make it! One event that every bride or groom or both look forward to since the day they started making their Pinterest boards for their future wedding, is the famous engagement photo.

From the scenery to the outfit and pose, there are little things we forget about that really makes a photo magic. So why not stomp out these photo killers and really pump up the joy that is being engaged?

No No #1: Not giving yourself a manicure.

One of the easiest things to forget when it comes to photographs that emphasize that ring finger! Really though it just takes a simple top coat so clean them up. Or even just remove chipped pink nail polish that has been through the ringer.

No No #2: Worrying too much about the little things and the things you can't control.

It's all about learning how to dance in the rain. And really some of the best pictures are those candid photos you can't help but have fun in.

No No #3: Not blending your makeup!

Just blend your foundation down. Don't leave a line on your chin line unless you want the camera to give you a double chin. Also don't go too excessive with your makeup if that's not what you normally do. Just do you babe!

No No #4: Forgetting the reason for the season!

You are in the process of planning one of the greatest days of your life. And this is just part of it! It is a reason to be happy and excited!

No No #5: Being bossy to your photographer.

Megan Hayes

Unless your photographer is a friend with a nice camera who has had little to no experience working a camera and need that extra direction, give your photographer some room to work their magic! They are getting that perfect candid photo as well as dealing with the pressures of social media and what you want. So take it easy on them and trust that they have an idea of what they are doing!

No No #6: Focusing too much on the Insta rather than the moment.

Megan Hayes

Yes it's totally alright to share photos that are nice of the both of you onto your social. I sure did! But understand that just because one photo you see of a couple on Instagram looks great that does NOT mean it's a universal pose. Odds are, if you are just aiming to please the Pinterest you WILL be disappointed in one way or another. So just do you and it will look amazing!

No No #7: Wearing clothes that you don't feel confident in.

The sexiest thing a girl can wear is confidence. I'm not saying that going nude is the way to go. I'm sure your family wouldn't necessarily appreciate getting some risque photo with their invite.

No No #8: Forgetting how to really smile and laugh!

Megan Hayes

True laughter is contagious. And you can really feel the love in a photo through the joy you share with your Significant Other.

No No #9: Not taking advantage of this time to dress up!

Comfort is sexy, but it's not every day you have your own bit of paparazzi for a couple of hours! Unless you do have paparazzi constantly at your heel, it's still a time to make sure you know you are absolutely gorgeous! No matter what you wear, do what makes you YOU!

No No #10: Forgetting to HAVE FREAKING FUN!

Megan Hayes

I dare you to have some fun with it. It's worth it, trust me!