put god first in your marriage

To The Engaged Girls Prepping For A Wedding, Just Breathe

And just let God take the reigns.

590
Megan Aaron

I've been engaged for a little over two weeks and I'm ALREADY overwhelmed with all of the "when's the date?" "where's it going to be?" questions. Am I supposed to have everything planned already? This was literally the last thing I wanted to stress about before my last semester of college.

So instead of stressing, I chose to give it to God. The planning, the deciding, the scheduling, everything. I set it all down for the next week and chose prayer instead. I refuse to go into depth talking about it with friends and family. I let them know very nonchalantly, that my fiancé and I chose to trade all the wedding planning for a week of prayer instead. As of the past two days of prayer, I'm currently wondering why I never did this with anything else that was big and stressful in my life. Anytime I have the urge to look up dresses, get in contact with vendors, etc, I breathe and let it go. I drop it and seek out prayer and only then do I find complete peace and happiness.

It's allowed me to focus on getting back into the swing of things with the school as well as focus on my college friendships which will soon in just a couple months never be the same as they are right now. Prayer and surrender are giving me an appreciation for the college life I've created over the years and reminding me to not take a single ounce of it for granted.

Lastly, making prayer our go to before any wedding planning sets my fiancé and me on the right path. Instead of tackling unknowns and big financial decisions on our own, we're dropping the reigns and going to our Lord first; together. So if you're an anxious ball of stress because of wedding planning, maybe try putting it on pause for a week or so and spend that time elsewhere, in prayer, with our Lord. Put your marriage in the hands of the Creator before you're even married.