Endorsing Trump

Endorsing Trump

The risks Paul Ryan and the GOP have taken.

17
Endorsing Trump
breitbart.com

As this summer begins to start, the election begins to really heat up. No matter where you stand frustrations will build up more than ever. Questions for Democrats will be, "Will Hillary get indicted? Will Bernie gather enough votes to make it at least a close battle?" If you are a Republican there is only one real question, "What will Donald Trump do next?" The House Speaker Paul Ryan, after months of hesitation, announced he would endorse Donald Trump for President and stated, "I feel confident he would help us turn the ideas in this agenda into laws to help improve people's lives. That's why I'll be voting for him this fall." This is a big step for a man that has opposed what Trump has done for so long. I have stated before that support form Republicans who roll over and decide they will support whoever wins their nomination would be dangerous, and that came to premonition almost immediately after Ryan's endorsement.

Let's back up a bit and understand what is happening. Donald Trump is currently being sued for his 'school' Trump University. There are currently three different lawsuits out against the 'school' because the attendees felt swindled out of money because the advertisements claimed that Donald Trump hand selected students that would participate in the best business school available to them. This claim was false and turned out to be a series of seminars that were put on by third party contractors who tried to sell products to the people enrolled in the 'classes.' The supposed University was not accredited, which basically means any sort of degree or certificate you earn there holds zero weight. The lack of accreditation led the New York Department of Education to force Donald Trump to change the name from Trump University to Trump Entrepreneur Initiative. Trump was warned that it was practicing against the law by calling the 'school' a University in 2005. He took five years to change the name. He already lost a lawsuit; according to CNN Money, "In 2014, a New York trial court found Trump University and Trump himself liable for running an unlicensed school." That cost him $800,000 to be paid out to cover one woman's attorney fees. On top of all this Trump claims he is completely innocent.

That brings us to the present; U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, is the Judge overseeing the cases and Donald Trump has called for his removal. Trump claims that because he is "a Mexican." This outraged many and has now cause almost every Republican who has endorsed Trump to distance themselves from Trump's statements, or decline to comment. Now, this is where it is going to be tough for the GOP to stand by a candidate who they endorse but refuse to support any of his politics. Many supported Trump in order to unify the GOP, but consequently has only tore them apart. Paul Ryan stated, "It's reasoning I don't relate to, I completely disagree with. So he clearly says things that I don't agree with and I've had to speak on time to time when that has occurred, and I continue to do that if necessary--I hope it's not." Being one of the many to back out on Trump so quickly, Mitch McConnell did the same. When endorsing a candidate shouldn't you agree with their politics? Seems this is quite the dilemma in deed. Ryan even admits he may have to do this again. For the Speaker of the House, it doesn't seem too confident when you admit the candidate you endorse does things you disagree with, and besides that, I thought Ryan was endorsing Trump in order to push the GOP agenda. It seems Trump will push his own agenda. Ryan and all republican's who endorse Trump must come to the realization that if they endorse Trump as the GOP Nominee, they must then figure out why they disagree with so many of the things he does. Until that happens it seems that the GOP is far from united but divided by the very man that is suppose to lead and represent them. If Donald Trump now is endorsed by the GOP, they must also get ready to endorse a ban on Muslims, a wall between Mexico and the US, sexism, phallus discussion in speeches, Mexican bias accusations, and most importantly statements that the GOP establishment is corrupt and bad.

The Party leader's are not the only ones endorsing Trump, but also many voters, because of the fear that Hillary Clinton won't protect their Second Amendment Rights and other values. The only thing sad about that is the fact that so many trust a man who won't even stand with his party to care about their rights. Ones that he has changed his views on many times. During the NRA announcement of their Donald Trump endorsement, Donald Trump literally stated, "My sons have been member of the NRA for many many years and they have been incredible. They have so many rifles and so many guns that sometimes I even get a little bit concerned, I say that's a lot." Who is to say tomorrow he changes his mind and decided he will put a ban on guns, just like he supported Obama's action against guns in 2008. I mean this is the same guy who just a month ago took five different stance on abortion in three days. Two of which where political pro-choice due to circumstances. He sets his own agenda, not the GOP, not his supporters, and certainly not America's. He is a businessman, he was taught in the art of self promotion above all else, I mean this is the same man who has his name on pretty much everything.

As the election continues, it will be sad to see Trump tear apart the Republican party. So many unify to support him an yet distance themselves every time he takes a stance. How can you support and not support someone at the same time? I guess the GOP is going to show us.

"A House divided against itself cannot stand."

-Abraham Lincoln