Encouraging Words For The Discouraged Human

You need to be your biggest supporter.
99

Sometimes life does not work in our favor.

Actually, life rarely works in our favor. This unfortunate truth can sometimes go on and on until we lose every ounce of optimism we once had. That sounds awfully depressing, and it really can be. When a series of negative events occur, it can often leave us feeling mentally and physically drained. We all experience this, some of us more than others. When it does happen, it can sometimes be difficult to see anything past it.

If you have an amazing support system like I do, then you are constantly reminded of how truly amazing you are and that life is simply what make you of it. And if you don't, then that's perfectly okay too. I hope I can offer you some encouraging words to help raise you from your lows.

Balance is key. Focus on your education, your career, your friends and family, but most importantly, focus on yourself and what helps contribute to your happiness.

Your challenges and experiences are preparing you for the rest of your life. You should never allow yourself to accept the easy way out of anything.

Life is not meant to be easy. Life is difficult, frustrating, and interesting.

Stop thinking of what you could have done better, because the 'what if's' will drive you crazy. Be proud of all that you have accomplished and will continue to accomplish.

It is okay to not know exactly who you are. We learn new things about ourselves everyday.

A good night's sleep can fix almost anything. Always keep sleep as a priority.

Do not stress about the things that you cannot change. Focus on the things that you have control over and have the ability to improve.

You are never alone. Not yesterday, not today and not tomorrow. You will always have someone wanting and hoping the best for you.

Strive everyday to be your best self, which includes constantly working towards a positive mindset.

You need to be your biggest supporter. No matter how difficult it might be, you need to love yourself and remind yourself of your worth and value.

It is also essential that you realize how okay it is, to not be okay. Sometimes we feel sad, upset, overwhelmed, stressed, confused, and unsure. And that is all okay.

As my mama once told me:

"The passion you have for what you do is what makes you good at what you do. That same passion can be powerful and can throw you off balance, leaving you vulnerable. Call it luck, faith, or destiny, but when you follow your heart and throw yourself into what you want and believe in, you have the best chance of realizing your dreams, reaching your goals, and finding the happiness you deserve."