Emma Watson's Speech
Politics

Emma Watson's Speech

Ambassador, Activist, Actress . . . my queen.

23
Emma Watson's Speech
HeForShe

Emma Watson's seemingly natural success is well earned. She has maintained her commitment to her education, having enrolled as a freshman at Brown University in the fall of 2009 and eventually completed her degree at Oxford University. She graduated in 2014 with an English degree. That same year, she was appointed a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador. This is where she maintains her prominent role. She has now made three speeches on the HeForShe campaign and has also talked with Malala Yousafzai.

On September 20, Emma Watson, a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, delivered a speech pressing on the importance of gender equality. She helped launch the HeForShe IMPACT 10x10x10 University #ParityReport, which looks at the commitments made by 10 global universities since they took the UN's gender parity pledge last summer. Her speech focused on equality and campus assault, using her global fame to shed light on vitally important issues.

The HeForShe campaign is a never ending growing success. With over one billion gender equality actions, 1.3B conversations, 1.1M comments, and 1.1k events the campaign seems to be flying higher every day. The HeForShe movement was created by UN women to provide a systematic approach and targeted platform where a global audience can easily lift and shape one of the largest achievements of gender equality in our lifetime. HeForShe invites people everywhere to be advocates and come together as equal partners to craft a shared vision of a gender equal world. However, the credit can't all go to Emma Watson. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka and Elizabeth Nyamayaro as also essential people in creating this campaign.

Do you want to take part in this global movement? Sign up here!