If You Haven't Listened To Emily Hearn's Music, Drop Everything And Go Listen

This sweet songbird is everything you never knew you needed.

144
Luana Dumitru

When I was in college, I attended the National Association of Campus Activities (NACA) conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Perhaps you've attended NACA if you are part of your college's programming board. Part of NACA involves attending showcases to watch potential acts to bring to your college campus. These acts include comedians, bands, magicians, and coffeehouse artists. I discovered a coffeehouse musician who I simply adored, and to this day Emily Hearn is one of my favorite artists. If you don't know who she is, you should stop reading this article and go listen to her.

When the sweet southern girl from Georgia came on stage to sing with her husband, I was not expecting such a sweet performance. One of the songs she sang with her husband was a song she wrote about their wedding day. The music video accompanying the song is from their actual wedding day. Precious, right?

She is delightfully genuine, original, and sweet. Emily Hearn writes all the music that she has on her albums. So far, she has released four albums and a recent EP. I love following her on Instagram as well because it's so fun to see where she draws inspiration and what she is doing in between albums to get inspiration for her music. I was lucky enough to meet her when I was in college and we brought her to my undergraduate campus.

Hearn's music is pure and delightful. I've connected with her music because some of the seasons of my life are exquisitely depicted in her songs. I've never listened to an artist that I feel like understands what it's like to be a woman in her early twenties on the brink of the rest of her life. Most of Hearn's music is lighthearted and happy. Love is primarily the subject of her music. However, she also tackles what it's like growing up, being a part of family, heartache and relationship troubles.

All of Hearn's original music is available on iTunes. She also has some killer covers of artists like Frou Frou and Coldplay on YouTube. If you want easy listening, I highly recommend Emily. Why haven't you gone and listened to her yet?