Learning To Embrace All The Days

Learning To Embrace All The Days

Not all days are going to be perfect, and that's ok.

8
Learning To Embrace All The Days
Hybrid on Unsplash

It took me a while to accept this. I have a habit idealizing every step of my life and what it will look like. I form these perfect plans. I have many expectations for how everything is going to go, and how each day will be.

When I started living on my own, I got more incite on reality. Not everything is going to be perfect. There are some days where I wake up feeling phenomenally, and I make a coffee and I'm extra productive, and I feel on top of the world. On the other hand, there are some days where I feel down, and can hardly get any work done or even get out of bed.

The moods I experience every day can depend on a lot of things: how my friend situation is going, how much sleep I get, how I'm feeling about myself, how I did on my exam, etc. But, honestly, some days I wake up and feel out of sorts for no concrete reason.

Life is funny that way. Some nights I'll be laughing with a roommate, and other nights I'll feel sad because I'm not hanging out with anyone. The thing that I remind myself is that not one person on the planet is going to feel happy all the time. Not every day is going to work out as the "perfect" day that I idealize.

If you were to ask any stranger, any friend, any parent, any person, you would hear the same response. No one feels happy all the time. There are good days, there are bad days, and there are ok days.

Somedays I feel upset. For some reason, or for no reason at all. But there's beauty in that. These days and nights just make the next great day even greater. And I am learning that it is ok to not feel great all the time, I am only human.

I am learning to appreciate the times where I feel happy, and to not get discouraged during the times when I don't. No bad day is permanent. There is always good in this world, there will always be happiness, even if it takes a minute to find it again.

Every day is a whole new adventure. Every day you get a chance to re-start. Yes, some days I feel sad that they didn't go my way. But there is always tomorrow. There is another moment around the corner where I will feel happy again.

I am learning to accept that every day is not going to be perfect. I am learning to take steps to manage these days, where I put myself first and take care of myself. That is most important.

I am learning about all of the little things that make me feel better. I love going for walks, I love calling my family, I love taking time to meditate, I love baking. I also love just having time to relax and watch Netflix. I take care of myself on the days that don't feel "perfect."

"It is just a bad day, it is just a bad moment. There are so many good moments ahead." I tell myself.

Not all of my days are going to be perfect, but that's ok. I am learning to embrace the days, all of them, as weird, sad, great, or ok. Because I am learning from each new day and I know I am not alone in how I'm feeling. I know that another good day and moment is soon approaching. :)