Who Else But You?

Who Else But You?

Because being anyone but you would be absolutely boring.

23
Who Else But You?
Flickr

I think it's safe to say that everyone has spoken the "I wish I looked like that" or the "I wish I had that" statements out of their mouth. It is virtually impossible this day in age to not scroll through some form of social media and be reminded of all the things that you do not have and all the people that you do not look like. It's so true even I am guilty of it every single day. Between my friends, my sweet baby sisters, and my family, I have been subjected to one too many times hearing these kind of statements out of their mouths too.

Having the latest clothes, shoes, hair, and everything in between seems to be the new now. And let me tell you, the new now is the same old boring. How unfortunate it would be to be anyone else but EXACTLY who you are right now. Isn't life targeted to living in the moment, expressing yourself, grasping onto who you are because it is all that you got.

So many times in life I have caught myself comparing myself to someone else instead of genuinely trying to celebrate who I am as a person and that in itself speaks. It is easy to be reminded of these things and easier to practice negativity than positivity. So, whenever you are struck and pegged with situations that consume size, weight, clothes, attitudes, etc. Remember that you are you for all the reasons that you are you. There will always be someone who is stronger, smarter, faster, prettier, more intelligent, and outright everything that you are NOT but that's all the reason more to wake up everyday and rejoice in the fact that you were made perfect. You are not made from Instagram, Facebook, Victoria Secret models, Twitter goals, or anyone else. You are made from your smile, your hair, your laugh, favorite foods, outfits, songs you like, and everything you enjoy. Who's to say that everyday someone isn't wishing to be more like you? THAT is motivation to me to be even more like who you destined to be.

As Oscar Wilde would say, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." If you're staying true to yourself than you are ultimately doing the best for yourself. Celebrate you and all that you love because you are worth it and more. Thank God that you are who you are because there is no one else who could ever be you.

So when you're scrolling through Instagram, Facebook, and every other social media trying to be "goals" and wake up and hope you're a little skinner, a little tanner, and everything swings the right way that day: remind yourself that you are who you are and that is enough and will always say more than a single post can say.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."

-Dr Seuss