7 Nostalgic Things About Elementary School

If you don't miss it already, these things will make you

664
Mass School Buildings

As the years go on, nothing in life gets easier. From elementary school we moved onto middle school, then came high school, and eventually we reach college. Each period of our life has its ups and downs, but the one with the least downs would unanimously be elementary school. Here's a couple things to help you reminisce the good times.

1. Galaxy Pizza

Is it just me or was elementary school the prime time for school lunches? Fridays were the best days of the week not only because it was the start of the weekend, but also because it was pizza day! The small individualized deep dish pizza was amazing, but as the school years pass, pizza has slowly started to resemble what may be the taste of cardboard.

2. ID/Behavior Cards

Adding onto the amazing lunches, elementary school was the best because you weren't held responsible for anything. Not even your ID card. The cards were either in the lunchroom already or hung up in your classroom, mocking you until it was lunchtime. The card was often accompanied by a green card if you were good for the day, or yellow if you've had a warning. Basically the goal for everyday was avoiding a phone call home: the red card.

3. Personalized Desks

Lockers are cool and all, but what fun are the numbers/letters on your locker? Having a desk with your personalized name tag on it (often written in cursive!) was so satisfactory. Also, having a space within your desk to put your stuff was so convenient, especially for playing with materials like erasers and pencils (don't deny, we all did it at some point).

4. Light Backpacks

Remember when you never had back pain? When your backpack weighed nearly nothing? Those were the good old days. The only thing I ever remember bringing home upon my responsibility was my reading bag, which held the assigned book for your reading group within it.

5. Mailboxes

As the years go on, I have to start writing more and more stuff down in various planners or on random post-it notes. In elementary school, remembering to bring important papers home was no issue thanks to the cute bins the teachers referred to as mailboxes. Everything you had to bring home was already in a box ready for you at the end of the day!

6. Cubbies!

Heading to middle school seemed so fun when we were young. Lockers were implied as the coolest thing ever. But now I almost miss the closet space we were all assigned that we shared with a couple of classmates. Cubbies were so much easier to handle because you weren't held accountable for keeping it organized. All there really was within the cubby was your backpack and lunchbox on the minuscule top portion.

7. Recess

Remember when study hall was actually recess? Kickball and four square were never as much fun as they were during recess. Everyone was friends with one another until it was time to play. All friendships were forgotten once the kickball was out and teams were formed, whether it was class versus class or boys against girls.