Editor's Picks Of The Month: October

Editor's Picks Of The Month: October

Odyssey dance's E-I-C picks her five favorite tracks of the month.

5
Editor's Picks Of The Month: October
Lindsay Herr

Linden Jay Feat. Shola Ama -"Lose Again"

A new release from UK super-producer, Linden Jay, features iconic singer Shola Ama on a R&B-meets-dance single "Lose Again." Infectious from the jump, "Lose Again" meets at that cross section of catchy pop single and bonafide club track. If you're a fan of the likes of Kaytranada and Mura Masa, this one is a must for you. Stay tuned for Linden's upcoming debut album coming in 2017.

Ikotu Ft. Kwa'tzar "Kaitju"

Probably my favorite underground producer out there right now, Ikotu never ceases to impress with his consistently complex and ethereal productions. The Scottish producer has now teamed up with rapper Kwa'tzar on his latest release "Kaiju." A fusion of Ikotu's sonic charms and Kwa'tzar's fluid rhymes, "Kaiju" is as mystifying and spellbinding as its namesake.

GTA- "Illuminate"

This track caught me completely off guard. I first heard it, checked out the artist name, and thought to myself that it was strange another artist had the same name as Florida electronic duo GTA, because this sound was nothing near what I had previously known from them. I was pleasantly surprised and felt very late to the party when I discovered it was actually the GTA I had always known and loved behind this stunner. "Illuminate" sounds like Kendrick Lamar and Vic Mensa had a baby and Mr.Carmack wrote the nursery rhyme.

Joris Voorn- 'Esquape'

Joris Voorn is one of those special ones. A DJ/producer who you almost always know what to expect, but are still surprised, and always satisfied every time. An un-disputable master of his craft, the Dutch artist has released a new EP titled 'The Great Escape' and again hits that sonic sweet spot between pulsating beats and dreamy harmonies.

Leon Power- "Blind"

Edinburgh vocalist Leon Power serves up smooth electronic R&B on latest single "Blind." Possessing a somewhat abstract composition, "Blind" showcases Power's mesmerizing vocal range laid over a fluid and danceable beat.