Vacations Aren't Selfish - They're An Important Act Of Self-Care

You only have one life and body. Take care of it.

16

I use to juggle too many things at once.

A full-time job. A full-time student. Other things in between. While I like to believe I can handle anything I put my mind to, it's important for me to remember to relax.

I'm human, just like everyone else, and handling too many things at once lead to a break down.

During these break downs, I found myself skipping lunch or procrastinating on assignments. I know now that this isn't the healthiest way to live. I felt like I was running at 200 miles per hour with the daily obstacles of work and school in my way.

Eventually, it got too much to bear and I broke down and in the midst of finally taking a few personal days off. I realized just how important it was to take some time for myself!

I'm learning to prioritize myself over everything.

I always make sure to de-stress after a long day at work, whether that includes taking a bath, writing, working out, or binge-watching something on Netflix! I used to feel bad asking for days off because I felt like I was causing an inconvenience to my employer. However, I know I give 110% whenever I'm working. I rarely call off and tend to cover the shifts of the unreliable employees.

I'm a hard worker, and I deserve time off.

I deserve a few days to a week to travel and experience new places and new things. I strongly believe in the motto that you only live once. I might as well live it to the fullest. While I tend to caught up in the working and studying, I have to remind myself that it's okay to take a break every now and then.