5 Love Languages That Absolutely Everyone Needs To Know, Regardless of Their Relationship Status

We all know that at the beginning of a relationship, everything feels like a fairytale.

We want to show our partner how much they mean to us and how alive they make us feel. At one point or another, we all start having doubts. In reality, your partner isn't giving up on love. Instead, they might show their love differently. What could be a great gesture of love for you could be irrelevant to someone else.

Have you ever wondered why that one person stopped loving you?

There are several relationships that end because partners don't seem to recognize their love language. They might feel like their partner does not love them anymore. The real problem is that both people were just speaking different love languages.

Recognizing love languages early in a relationship is key.

There is no such thing as a perfect relationship. There will always be ups and downs, and that is what makes any relationship stronger. Here are the five love languages so that you can understand your partner and yourself more deeply.

​1. If your partner thrives off of encouragement and appreciation, consider words of affirmation.

Does your partner adore when you verbally affirm them and tell them how much you love them? If so, make sure to incorporate compliments and words of appreciation into your regular conversation. Those who express love in terms of words of affirmation often take your words to heart. Make sure to text your partner how much they mean to you and tag them in any post that reminds you of them. It will mean more to them than you'll know.

2. If your partner appreciates tangible items of appreciation, consider gifts.

If gift-giving is your partner's preferred love language, they tend to demonstrate love by gifting items or experiences. Don't base gifts only on monetary value, but also on meaning. Consider details like a handwritten love letter, a song, or even a poem. Pay attention to details and gift little things to remind them of special moments you've shared.

3. If your partner adores hugs or physical proximity to you, consider physical touch.

If their love language is physical touch, show love to your partner by giving them hugs, kisses, or holding hands. Physical proximity can make your partner feel close and reinforce that connection. For example, try sitting close to them, playing with their hair, or rubbing their back.

4. If your partner responds well to thoughtful gestures, consider acts of service.

If acts of service is your partner's love language, show your love for them by making them breakfast in bed, taking care of them when they are sick, or even doing chores they dislike. Go out of your way to make their lives easier.

5. Quality Time

If your partner's love language is quality time, they prefer time spent together. Make those moments special. Consider a coffee date, a movie night, or even a daily phone call. The activity doesn't matter as long as you do it together. Prioritize your time to connect with your significant other.

We all demonstrate the five love languages, but we tend to gravitate towards one specifically. Normally, our preference is the way we want to be loved.

This means it is okay if your partner has a different love language than you because now you understand how they express love differently. If your partner's love language is quality time and yours is words of affirmation, make sure there are times where you show them love in their own love language. When you start speaking your partner's love language, you will connect with them on a different level and your relationship will be stronger than ever.