Ohhhhkay, let me compose myself-SO, unless you've been living under a rock, you know Ed Sheeran's latest album Divide was released March 3rd at midnight, and let me just say I was crying by 12:05. We already knew Ed had something special going on with this new album as previously released songs like "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill" were instant hits. AND if we're being completely honest, Ed kind of had a "need to be cruel to be kind" vibe to these teases he continued to drop until finally, March 3 arrived. Here are just a few emotions experienced by the avid, dedicated, even semi-emotionally unstable listener like myself (and you, don't deny it)
1. It's January 1st, you audibly gasp as Ed Sheeran starts the year off right by announcing some new music!
You count down the days to January 6th at 5 pm like your life depended on it!
2. "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill" become your absolute JAMS
3. But you can't help but want more... OMG March 3rd can't get here soon enough
4. WHAT! Surprise !"How Would You Feel" got me crying while folding my laundry...
5. Wait the albums coming out in HOW MANY DAYS!?
*plays "Shape of You" for 679th time this month*
6. Okay, I can do this.... WAIT "ERASER" IS TOO MUCH
Ed, why you wanna play a girl like this? How can you expect me to be patient when you drop songs like this?
7. Wow Ed's the realest guy in the game.
What can I say? It's true.
8. 11:55 pm, March 2nd: You're frantically checking Twitter, happy and excited and frustrated and ready and waiting.....
9. OH MY GOSH IT'S DOWNLOADING
okay, MAckenzie remember to listen to each song, enjoy it don't rush
10. "Drive" and "New Man" making you feel some kinda way
11. Can't skip the "old" favorites now
Especially since you know EVERY word to them.
12. *makes mental note to dance to "Perfect" at my wedding*
13. Starts river dancing while listening to "Galway Girl" and "Nancy Mulligan"
Or something of the sort...
Can't you just imagine jamming out with the windows down during summertime??
14. Okay, let me rip my heart out a little after listening to "Happier"
15. Can't help bobbing your head and potentially dancing all around your room to EVERY song.
Ed is sass, but catchy, but emotional.... yeah, I don't understand it either..
16. HEART RIPPED OUT AGAIN WITH "SUPERMARKET FLOWERS"
I'm not crying, you're crying!
17. Should I finish it tonight???
18. WHELP, we're in too deep now....
19. Why am I on this ridiculous roller coaster of emotions!?
I am crying, but dancing, but also want to travel the world with my best friends.....
20. It's official.. Ed Sheeran has saved 2017....
Let's just go ahead and hand the guy a Grammy, alright?