Join Kennesaw State's E.C. Angels For An Evening Filled With Opportunity, Creativity And Vulnerability

If you choose to write for Odyssey, you are engaging in the entrepreneurial mindset, 100 percent guaranteed.

162
Joanna Trejo

Most people believe that in order to be an entrepreneur, you must have a full-fledged plan put together, complete with your entire business model. You know, pie charts and all of that nonsense. Let me just say that none of us start out that way.

You’ve got to start somewhere, and for the E.C. Angels, a group of like-minded, entrepreneurial women on Kennesaw State University’s campus, it all began with a networking dinner this past fall. It led to a series of monthly meetings where we found ourselves creating intentional circles and having meaningful conversations, a lot of the times crying in the process.

I was fortunate enough to be a part of this incredible group, and I was further reminded of how far we had come at our last meeting this past Saturday. Not just as a group, but as individuals. We were past the whole “How do I find the confidence in myself to do this?” and moved on to “So how do you plan on getting five more clients for your business?” The types of questions we were asking each other were completely different; the perfect representation of how the entrepreneurial mindset has truly changed our lives.

Now I know you are wondering where Odyssey fits into all of this. As a content creator, you are given complete freedom in choosing what YOU want to write about. When you go through your college classes, you are told exactly what you must write. This is very similar to being an entrepreneur because you are choosing your path instead of listening to all of the people in your life who are telling you to follow in their footsteps.

Writing Odyssey articles enables you to create opportunity for yourself. You never know who is going to see your writing, and while this may seem scary at first, it can sometimes be the difference between you landing your dream job instead of settling for mediocrity.

I cannot even begin to describe the opportunity that Odyssey has brought into my life. Ever since becoming Editor in Chief last year, to now serving as President on Odyssey’s leadership council, I have learned so much not only about myself, but about my creators. Managing a team of 30+ girls is not easy, but my God, is it worth it.

If you’re ready to share your story, whatever it may be, we would love to hear it. I am happy to announce that Kennesaw State’s Odyssey team will be partnering with E.C. Angels this Tuesday, March 27th, to bring you an evening filled with vulnerability and absolute honesty.

Stop by and fill out a Post-It note as part of our interactive “Who Am I” mural. All majors are welcome!

CLICK HERE to RSVP for the event.

If you show up to the event because of this article, please mention it to me in person and I will give you the biggest hug ever.