Things To Eat On National Chocolate Covered Anything Day

Get creative. Throw caution (and health) to the wind!

146
Shari's Berries

This Friday, December 16th, marks what is quite possibly the best Random National-Fill-In-The-Blank Day of the year: National Chocolate Covered Anything Day.

Now, if you don't like chocolate, then you can just ignore this post and this holiday and move on with your (sad, empty, chocolate-less) life.

But for the rest of us, here are some chocolate covered things that you should definitely try in celebration of this wondrous day.

The Traditional:

Chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered bananas, chocolate covered raspberries, chocolate covered Oreos, chocolate covered Twinkies (It's a holiday; go for it!), chocolate covered marshmallows, chocolate covered cheesecake bites, chocolate covered Mandarin oranges, chocolate covered peanut butter balls, chocolate covered cake pops...

The Bizarre:

Chocolate covered potato chips, chocolate covered bacon, chocolate covered licorice, chocolate covered Swedish fish, chocolate covered watermelon, chocolate covered jalapenos... why not try chocolate covered ants?

Guys, this is huge. You can put chocolate on absolutely anything today and have it be socially acceptable. Is that not wonderful?

So get creative! If you don't want any of the treats listed, browse Pinterest and find something that looks delicious-- or, in the spirit of the Christmas season, combine your chocolate-covered dreams with peppermint. (If you like peppermint, that is.)

Have a beautiful day with your chocolate covered treats (whatever they may be), fellow chocolate lovers!