6 Simple Meals Any College Student Can Whip Up Themselves
food

Meals that anyone can make.

38

At college, it can get pretty boring eating the same microwavable meals. I would love to make some extravagant meals but skills and tight budgets get in my way. Here are a few inexpensive meals you can actually make that are super simple and quick.

No-bake oatmeal cookies.

instagram/@thebigmansworld

I love these things so much! I am not the best dessert maker in the world and have been making these flawlessly since middle school. They make for a great unhealthy quick late night snack when you and your roommate have a major sweet tooth. It also takes no more than 8 minutes.

Tuna salad.

instagram/@bethany.shannon

This was my go to meal last semester when I needed something quick before work or wanted to go ahead and make something for lunch the next day, it is very simple to make and does not take many ingredients, therefore very affordable.

Pasta.

instgram/@thrivemags

Pasta could be anything from macaroni and cheese, chicken Alfredo, or spaghetti. Whenever I felt like cooking last semester more than half the time it was spaghetti. It might have been because I had an overabundance of spaghetti noodles for some weird reason. Pastas are most of the time very simple to make and can be paired with a nice canned vegetable. You can also look up numerous different recipes to male with past if you are bored with the same average things.

Salad.

instagram/@hamptonsprivatechef

There are so many fun and great things to do with salad. Now a lot of people I know, hate salad, but if you do, you can make so many different ways. You can put all types of your favorite fruits or just make a classic one. It can be healthy for you and a great lunch to get you through the day.

Grilled Cheese.

instagram/@kimscravings

This is a great kid's meal that can easily be vamped up by adding anything from a variety of cheese, bacon, tomato, or really anything you want.

Dip.

instagram/@houstonveghotspots

Such a great mid day snack or a late night one for cramming last minute homework or studying. My favorite kind of dip to make is Guacamole Dip. It's so delicious, fairly healthy, and is great with club crackers. Dip is also a fantastic thing you can make for parties or small friend gatherings.