Easy Recipes For Beginner Bakers
food

6 Easy Recipes For The Not So Kitchen Savvy Baker

Simple sweets for the beginner baker.

63

Everyone likes baked goods, but let's face it - baking's hard. It always seems like a good idea to try out that cool chocolate cake recipe you found on Pinterest, that is, until you're covered head-to-toe in flour and pulling a lopsided chocolate brick out of a smoking oven. Been there, done that. But for those of us who aren't iron chefs, don't worry! There's still hope to make yummy treats without fear of singing off your eyebrows in the process. Here are 6 simple recipes that are low-budget, low-maintenance, and highly delicious:

1. Rice Krispy Treats

life-in-the-lofthouse.com

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter

4 cups mini marshmallows

6 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Directions

1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well-coated.

3. Using butter spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool and cut into squares.

2. No Bake Peanut Butter, Honey, & Oat Bars

everydaydishes.com

Ingredients

1 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup honey

3 cups rolled oats

Directions

1. Line 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Either in the microwave or on the stovetop, melt peanut butter and honey together.

For microwave: Microwave in 1-minute intervals for 5 minutes with stirring in between.

For stovetop: Melt on low heat for about 5 minutes with constant stirring.

Once melted, combine mixture with oats.

3. Press mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate until solid and cut into squares to serve.

3. Chocolate Mousse

farm1.staticflickr.com

Ingredients

1 box instant chocolate pudding mix

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

2 1/2 cups heavy cream

1 cup whipped topping (optional)

Directions

1. Combine pudding mix and cocoa powder in a large bowl.

2. Add heavy cream and mix with an electric mixture on high (or just use a whisk and your super strong baking arms). Mix for about 1 minute.

3. Pour into serving dishes immediately or refrigerate for later.

4. Add whipped topping, chocolate shavings, berries, nuts, or whatever else you like to sweeten this dish!

4. Peanut Butter Cookies

food.fnr.sndimg.com

Ingredients

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup granular white sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 large egg

coarse sea salt for sprinkling (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Spoon one tablespoon of mixture into your hand and roll into a ball. Place balls about 1-inch apart from each other on an ungreased baking sheet.

3. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork to create a crosshatch pattern on top of the cookies. Sprinkle coarse salt on top.

4. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Cool.

5. Slutty Brownies

i1.wp.com

Ingredients

1 pound chocolate chip cookie dough

16 Oreo cookies

1 box brownie mix (including the extra ingredients the mix calls for)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 x 9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Spread cookie dough in an even layer on the bottom of the greased pan. Top with Oreos in an even layer.

3. Mix brownie batter according to box instruction. Spread on top of Oreos and cookie dough.

4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

5. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve.

6. No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Cookies

spicysouthernkitchen.com

Ingredients

2 cups granular white sugar

1/2 cup milk

1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

3 cups rolled oats

1 cup peanut butter

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

large pinch of Kosher salt

Directions

1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.

2. In a saucepan on medium heat, bring sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder to a boil. Stir occasionally. Let boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.

3. Add oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Stir to combine.

4. Scoop tablespoons of prepared mixture onto baking sheet and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened (about 30 minutes). Refrigerate for 24 hours.

Happy baking!