6 Healthy, Easy Dorm Room Recipes

6 Healthy, Easy Recipes Nobody Will Believe You Actually Made In Your Dorm Room Without A Kitchen

Because sometimes dinning hall food just ain't it.

205

No kitchen, no problem. These are healthy creative meals you can make in your dorm!

1. Pasta Boat Penne Vodka 

Penne alla Vodka | Joy | Flickr

Flickr

One of the best ways to make pasta in the microwave is to use a pasta boat.

You can purchase it from Amazon and from there all you need to do is add your pasta and water in the pasta boat, cook in the microwave, add your vodka sauce from a jar, and you have yourself a five-minute five-star meal!

2. Vegan Buffalo Nuggets

@therawberry

Tired of eating gross, chewy frozen chicken? Time to switch to plant-based.

My go-to microwave lunch is the MorningStar buffalo wings which taste almost identical to chicken nuggets if not better (and better for the environment too.)

3. Sweet Summer Salad

Flickr

You can totally make that salad you ordered out last night right in your dorm.

Just add spinach, feta cheese, pistachios or walnuts, baby tomatoes, and drizzle honey/balsamic for a dressing (a nice break from the caesar salad you've had for the fifth day in a row.)

4. Açaí Bowl

File:Açaí na tigela - Acai bowl.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Yes you can totally make an açaí bowl from your dorm. I would recommend getting a small blender that you can blend with an açaí packet and milk.

After that all you need to do is add your toppings ie: granola, cereal, fruit, honey.

5. Quinoa Bowl

@gunisha.khurana

Freshmen year i always had a bag of microwavable quinoa in my snack bin.

If I needed a clean meal after eating a trey of pizza the night before i would add my quinoa to a bowl and then add any toppings i could find usually spinach, blue cheese crumbles and hot sauce (surprisingly good combo don't judge me.)

6. Baked Sweet Potato

@chefdanyduguay

Another personal favorite of mine is a sweet potato cooked in the microwave. All you have to do is poke holes in your potato, wrap in a damp paper towel, and microwave for about four minutes.

After cooking cut open, add butter and salt, and eat (add marshmallows and cinnamon for a sweet alternative.)