Early-Onset Senioritis, As Told By GIFs

Early-Onset Senioritis, As Told By GIFs

When you're still an underclassman, yet drink enough coffee to kill a small horse.

2174
Early-Onset Senioritis, As Told By GIFs
KFOR-TV

So you've got it.

You're an underclassman, whether it be in high school or in college, and you're already more than ready for the next step. You're not quite at the point where you can see the end of the tunnel--you're aware that you still have a little over a year (or two, or three,) left to go, but it hasn't quite hit you that you still need to be trying your best. Your motivation plummets, your sleep schedule dwindles, your caffeine intake skyrockets.

You've got senioritis. But you're not even a senior.

... Sound familiar?

I share with you in these struggles. Believe me, I feel your pain. That's why I've compiled a list of my all-time favorite GIFs to better express the pain that is having senioritis as an underclassman. (Because I am a full believer that it's real):

1. You use just about everything as an excuse to not do work.

I need to... uh. Nap. And take my dog outside. And water my succulent that died last week.

2. You almost always decide to sleep instead of doing something productive.

Naps are greater than all things.

3. You convince yourself that you "work best under a tight deadline."

This is fine. Totally fine.

4. AND convince yourself that you have more time than you actually do to finish everything.

So much time left to cry.

5. ...So then you're always left scrambling 10 minutes before your paper/exam.

This is no longer fine.

6. Trying to balance a social life, homework, sleep, exercise, a balanced diet, extracurriculars, texting people back, calling home, and finding time to breathe.

This hit too hard.

7. You drink enough coffee to kill a small horse.

*But alas, still not enough.*

8. Your apathy becomes an astounding force of nature.

I ain't gonna worry my life with these things, man.

9. Pulling things out of nowhere with next to zero time and still doing okay.

And here, we have the 10-page paper I wrote at 5 a.m. the morning it was due.

10. Feeling like the end is near when you get into bed every day...

Just let me crawl under my covers and be done, please.

11. Deciding to pick up new hobbies just to avoid work.

I, too, enjoy the pan flute.

12. Trying to motivate yourself with the thought of post-grad plans.

(Usually, to no avail.)

13. Professors asking you to explain your answer in class.

It's far too early for this.

14. When it seems like your life is on a repeat loop between exhaustion and a neverending to-do list.

(Some days are better than others.)

15. Feeling a lot like this dog chased by obligations.

No thank you.

16. Knowing your GPA is going to suffer regardless, so just continually praying for divine intervention.

*Jesus take the wheeeeeeeeeel*

Hang in there, brave soldier. Graduation will be here before you know it.