Earliest Memories

Earliest Memories

what is your earliest memory?

3
Earliest Memories
pexels.com

Earliest Memory

By Zaina Starr

What is the earliest memory that you can recall? Most of my earliest memories are the ones that I share with my dad. I know this because we talk about them together, quite often. Most of them are humorous, with some of them are of me getting hurt.

The earliest memory that I recall would have to be when I was around the age of four years old. I remember seeing some goats in a fenced in area. I was a mischievous, little girl. There is no telling what I would do.

I remember throwing my coloring book over the fence at the goats. I couldn't reach them with my hands because they were standing approximately ten feet from the fence. They just looked at me, unsurprised, and kept on eating the grass with their mouths crunching the grass at an angle like.

I then realized, I couldn't get my coloring book now. I couldn't reach it. I was too scared to crawl under the fence. I thought that I would get stuck, somehow. I then got a bright idea, to grab the fence with both hands. I don't know what I thought that was going to do, at the time, but I was like four years old. I was still learning from trial and error.

As soon as I grabbed and of that fence, my whole body started jerking back and forth. I felt a shock going through my body, that hurt. I became scared and started screaming, Daddy, Daddy!" I knew that I was far from where he could hear me and I was down a big hill. I continue to scream, hoping he would hear me.

Sure enough, he did hear me. He came running over that hill and down, sliding underneath me, with one foot on each side of my body. He grabbed my body and pulled me off the electrical fence. The fence, I later learned, began shocking him when he grabbed ahold of me.

My father and I talk about this story, quite often, and I laugh about it. It all seems funny, now, that I am thirty-two years old. At the time, it was very scary and life threatening. Looking back, the scary times can turn into times of laughter.

☆Withy Writing☆