Struggling to find the energy to power through assignments.
Life Stages

To The College Student Who Just Wants The Semester To End Already

Knowing that you only have two more weeks of classes left until the semester ends, you are struggling with finding the energy to power through your last few assignments.

102
https://unsplash.com/photos/3iT3dnmblGE

We've all been there. It's the week before Thanksgiving break and it is basically impossible to keep focused on your lecture due to the fact that the thought of break is the only thing on your mind. You have mentally already checked out, yet you still have a few more days left until you can pack you bags and make the trip back home.

The week and a half home for Thanksgiving break was beyond relaxing and you were able to catch up with your friends and family. Before you know it, you are packing up the car once again and preparing yourself for the trip back to school, unsure of how the break went by so fast.

Even back at school, your brain just doesn't seem to want to turn back on. Knowing that you only have two more weeks of classes left until the semester ends, you are struggling with finding the energy to power through your last few assignments. All you keep thinking about is winter break and enjoying holiday traditions with the people you love. You know that your mind really needs a break from the countless papers and exams.

I know it is the furthest thing from easy, but it is important to not wish this time away. There are so many points throughout our lives when we are just dying for something that is in our future, and we are wishing away the hours or the days leading up to this event.

For example, when you're sixteen years old, all you can think about and long for is finally being seventeen and having the freedom to drive and go wherever you please. When you're twenty, all you constantly think about is finally being legal and just how great life will be once you reach that point. When you're just six short-months-away from graduating college, all you can dream about is getting your very first apartment and just how happy you will be then. And so on.

My point is, don't wish your life away. I know we all go through phases where we are so done with the current stage in our lives and are just so beyond ready for what's to come. But, if you don't enjoy every little second of your life, then you will just constantly be wishing to have something that you don't and only looking for what the next step in life is. One day you'll wake up and wish to be that sixteen year old kid again, and maybe even regret that you wished all the good times away because you were too excited for what was next.

I've heard so many times, "you only live one life", and even though it is so cliche it is so true. You only get to live and experience most things one time in your life and it is so important that you embrace and enjoy every second of it.