Dyeing Your Hair? Get The Exact Hair Color You Want

Hair Color Ideas You Want

21
Hair Color Ideas

Something as simple as changing your hair color could change your entire look. Picking the right shade from all the boxes that you see on the salon color bar rack is difficult enough. By the time you have picked your color from the color racks, you already have a vision in your mind. You have a clear idea of how you want the color to look. However, the hair coloring experience can be quite disappointing if the color does not turn out the way you envisioned.

Is it even possible to get the exact hair color you want? Yes, it is. Following a few simple tips can ensure that your hair color turns out exactly the way you want.

Pick some photos

With so many photo-sharing apps like Instagram and Pinterest, finding a hair color you like should not be difficult. Although, you should be careful when choosing your inspiration photos.

For starters, the pictures should have the same hair length and texture as you. It would be very helpful if the person in the pictures also has a similar skin tone and features. Keeping these distinctions in mind when choosing photos could keep your expectations realistic. You may also be able to figure out which styles work the best for you.

While it is important to pick photos you like, you may also want to pick a few you don't like. Doing so will help you have open communication with your hairstylist. Your stylist will also have a better understanding of your style.

Choose the right hairstylist

Choosing a great hair salon is not enough. It is equally important to pick the right hairstylist. Sometimes the easiest and often the best way to find a great hairstylist is through recommendations. Ask anyone who has great-looking hair where they get it done. It could be your friends, colleagues, or even strangers on the street.

Social media can also be useful in finding the right hairstylist. Look at the hairstylist's portfolio and the reviews they have to see if their work appeals to you. Check out the salon's website that they work in to see if they have more pictures of their work.

Keep your hair healthy

The healthier your hair is, the better the hair color looks. Unhealthy, damaged hair may not look as bright or vibrant as you would want it to.

If you are thinking about coloring your hair, it is time to start taking good care of your hair. You may want to start using those hair masks and deep conditioners. Also, stay away from those hot tools as much as possible.

Understand hair color language

Since there are so many colors, shades, and hues to choose from, hair color language is often complicated. Make sure you understand this language well so that you get the exact hair color you want.

Do not use terms like "warm" or "gold" if you don't understand what they mean. Gold refers to yellow, while warm means orange. Are these the shades you want?

What should you do if you do not understand these hair color terms? Prior consultation with your hairstylist could help you understand these terms. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Also, don't fall for trends and fads because they are not for everyone. If you prefer a more natural look, then maybe that trendy neon color is not for you.

Be realistic

Being realistic is very important because the same hair color may look different on different people's hair. Your skin tone, hair texture, hair health, and a lot of other factors could impact the way a certain color looks on you.

Your hairstylist should know a brief history of your hair. For instance, if you already have colored hair, what color you used and how long you have had it on. If you have had any treatments done on your hair, your hairstylist should be aware of that too.

Be honest with your hairstylist. When your hairstylist has all the details they need about your hair, the chances of getting the exact color you want are much higher.

Schedule the appointment

It is highly recommended to have a consultation appointment before your hair coloring appointment. Try not to schedule both of them on the same day so that you have time to clear your doubts.

Pick a weekday like Wednesday or Thursday for your hair coloring appointment so that there are fewer clients at the salon. Fewer clients mean that your hairstylist can dedicate more time to your hair.

Also, don't forget to follow your hairstylist's instructions before you go for your appointment. For instance, if your hair needs to be bleached before coloring, you should avoid washing it at least a couple of days before the appointment. Natural oils in your hair prevent the bleach from damaging the hair.

Once you have had your hair colored, be sure to follow all the after-care instructions. Following your hairstylist's instructions diligently could mean that you could ensure a beautiful hair color that lasts longer.