Dear Me During A Depressive Episode, It's Heavy Now But It Won't Be Forever

You are the bright light at the end of the tunnel.

566

Dear Me,

If you're reading this, it must be another one of those times. Maybe this will last a week, or a month, or longer. You may find yourself in bed more often, shutting everyone out, and slowing down. That's okay.

Make sure you take your medicine. Take it before noon every day, we don't want any crazy emotional swings and we do NOT want to find ourselves pregnant (not yet, at least).

I know that sometimes even brushing your hair is hard, but I promise that once you do- you'll feel 10 times better (and I'm not exaggerating). If you can, make sure to wash it too. Don't let it get TOO greasy, because then everyone knows you don't have your shit together.

I'll bet that you're taking a handful of baths and showers a day, and that's okay. Maybe you aren't taking them at all and you're just sitting on the floor with the water running- this is your sign to get up. You'll feel better when you do.

You better be eating, too. Not garbage food either- food is fuel, not fun. If you need a nutragrain bar, treat yo' self. But don't go too crazy, because you know you feel like shit when you do.

Don't cancel your therapy sessions. The world is a better place when you stick to your routine. Go see Joanne, and/or your psychiatrist.

Make a to-do list. I know sometimes you get overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done, even if it isn't necessary until two weeks later. So make a list and check that shit off one by one.

I would tell you to do a face mask, but I know you probably won't. I know your body feels tired, but I promise that it doesn't always feel like that. No matter how long you've been feeling this way, you KNOW you've felt better.

You know yourself. You know exactly how bad things get, but you know exactly how amazing they can be. You are the bright light at the end of the tunnel.

You are amazing, talented, beautiful, kind (when you want to be), smart, passionate, ambitious, driven, loud, and a bunch of things that I don't even think words could sum up.

You love yourself and your cats and your future and your Bubba.

You're going to make it. Don't even think there are any other possibilities other than THRIVING.

Love,

Me