Dunkin' Joins The Bottled Coffee Market

Dunkin' Joins The Bottled Coffee Market

Look out Starbs, you've got even more competition for Dunkin' Donuts

5
Dunkin' Joins The Bottled Coffee Market
Huffington Post

The feud between Starbucks and Dunkin' is heating up with an announcement from Coca-Cola. The soft drink giant will start selling bottled Dunkin' products for "Dunkers" everywhere. No longer will you have to search for a Dunkin' Donuts shop for your favorite iced coffee.

No matter what side of the fence you stand on, one thing's for sure, you probably go to one of these coffee shops. From coffee to tea, croissants to doughnuts, even sandwiches and at some locations alcohol, Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks account for a lot of empty pockets. Of course, there is always a feud between the two biggest competitors.

According to ABC News, "The average American worker spends nearly $14.40 a week on coffee, which does not include the cost of drinking coffee at home. Data is shown to indicate that the average worker spends around $1,100 annually on coffee."

In an announcement that came out Thursday, Dunkin' Brands Group said it would start selling "ready-to-drink" coffee products in stores across the country.

The announcement follows an announcement last month that Dunkin' Donuts would be releasing its cold brew, a move Starbucks made in early 2015. The long-awaited release of the drink seems to have prompted Dunkin' to do the same this year.

Along with cold brew and the newly introduced "ready-to-drink" venture, Dunkin has recently expanded its reach into single-serve-K-cups that can be found at all major grocery stores in the country.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the move by Dunkin' Brands Group is all part of a major push to increase customer interest in Dunkin's coffee which accounts for roughly 50 percent of the company's profits.

Though bottled Starbucks doesn't account for the greatest amount of profit for the company, the company has opened up the market for quick and easy coffee beverages that can be sold at gas stations, a market that Dunkin' and Coca-Cola is ready to enter.

When you find yourself at a convenience store, which will you choose?