How To Keep Your Dry Skin Hydrated This Winter

Let's face it, dry skin is not cute.

29
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-s-hand-on-her-face-3373721/

I love the summer. It is the perfect climate for a great tan and hydrated skin. Winter, on the other hand, is not.

In the warmer months, my skin routine is as simple as sunscreen, moisturizer, and water. Come around to the colder months and I find myself in a 20-step skin care routine I found after hours of watching YouTubers tell me what products to use... and STILL waking up to dry, uncomfortable skin.

After multiple trials and errors, wasted money, and face masks, I have found the perfect products to help my dry-skinned girls combat their parched skin this winter.

1. Cleanser

The first step to a perfect skincare routine starts with cleaning EVERYTHING off the skin. Whether this is a morning or night routine, it's important to get any build-up from the day off for a fresh start. To make sure I get a clean start, I use Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser. This never leaves my skin feeling too tight or dry like most cleansers I've used before.

Price: $22

2. Makeup Remover 

This is a bonus step in case you have any extra makeup leftover. For my face, I like to use the classic Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. If you haven't tried this yet, you are seriously missing out. They are the best. Some people experience a reaction to the towelettes, so they offer a version for sensitive skin, too!

Price: $6.49

For my eyes, I like to go in with a cosmetic pad and Clinique's Take The Day Off makeup remover for lids, lashes, and lips. It gets every last bit of makeup and doesn't irritate my eyes.

Price: $19.50

3. Toner

I'm going to be very honest in the fact that I had no idea what toner was or what it did for most of my life. The cool thing about toners is that there are so many different kinds all targeting different problem areas. I use the Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Petal Facial Mist, and it gives my skin the perfect extra cleanse and helps with puffiness and redness!

Price: $10.95

4. Serum

I have tried SO many serums. Like, at least ten different serums. Finally, I have found one that does absolute wonders for my face. The Ordinary's 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil has turned my life upside down. Not only has this product brought so much moisture back to my skin, but the brand, The Ordinary, is amazing! Their products are super cheap, and a lot of the products are vegan. Win-win!

Price: $9.80

5. Eye Cream 

My under-eyes are super dark and super baggy. It's not cute. I started using Hey Honey's Look Into My Eyes Retinol & Propolis Eye Mask, and my darkness and bagginess have both went down so much! After only a few uses, I saw a difference and I've been addicted ever since. The texture is super silky and hydrating, but not too heavy where it's noticeable on the skin.

Price: $34.80

6. Moisturizer

The final step in my holy grail skincare is Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+. I mix this with Cosmedix Pure C, which is a Vitamin C powder that helps with anti-aging and collagen production. This combination does wonders for the skin and leaves my dull and dry skin looking glowy and fresh for hours.

Clinique Price: $28

Cosmedix Price: $54 (I got this in a FabFitFun box, but I would definitely buy again. Lasts forever!)