Drugs Destroyed My Life

Drugs Destroyed My Life

I Lost Myself

2799
Drugs Destroyed My Life

Drugs destroyed my life. It destroyed my perspective and my views on the world and looking back I can not believe that it was once normal for me. Drugs broke my heart and took away from the quality of my life. I missed out on a huge portion of my life because of them and I struggled to just survive. I had to grow up early in life and learn to be tough.

My entire world was centered around something smaller than an inch. They became less scary with the more you learned about them and you can name more "street drugs" than your health teacher. You know drug dealers and drug users personally and they're not the bad guys, they're your friends. You're not scared to walk through the rougher sections of your town because you feel safe knowing the people in the shadows.

Drugs don't really seem like drugs, it seems stupid to even call them that. Drugs are for the bad people. It's just a Ultram for pain. Just a Xanax or a Valium to calm your nerves or chill. Just something to help you sleep.

Pills become drugs when you see through the eyes of those around you. It becomes drugs when your family stays awake all night waiting for you to come home. It becomes drugs when you steal presents and belongings of your loved ones to pawn for your addiction. It becomes drugs when you would rather be high for one night than to pay bills for the month. It becomes drugs when you destroy the lives of the ones around you.

Drugs don't just destroy an individual's life, it destroys the lives of the ones around them. Drugs destroyed my life and they have never been in my body. Drugs reached its claws through the ones closest to me and dug into my life. Drugs warped my perspective on how a family should be, it warped my perspective on how life should be.

Loving someone on drugs will break your own heart, they don't know how to love. They are poison and twisted by chemical influences and they can not see past the haze and see the reality around them. Loving someone like destroys you, it seems like a one sided street. You lose yourself in loving them and become an enabler. You find yourself lying trying to protect them, giving them money to support them and putting yourself in situations that could cause you harm or get yourself arrested.

Drugs don't only change the user but it changes the ones around them as well. They become slightly broken and lost but this does not make them weak. Those affected by drugs are strong. They know what unconditional love is but they also learn what it feels like to not feel loved. They know what it feels like to feel helpless but they also know that they can't make someone change. Another lesson they learn is learning their own worth and when to walk away. It is the most painful lesson but you must learn to cut out toxicity to save yourself.

Drugs destroyed my life and they have never been in my body.