Curry Was My Dream College, But It Turned Into My Worst Nightmare

I'm not returning to Curry and I couldn't be happier.

348

After the end of this semester, I will be leaving Curry College and will not be returning, and I am very happy with my decision.

I experienced things I wouldn't wish upon anybody.

I went through some of the toughest times of my life while I was here, but let's set the record straight:

I am not leaving Curry because I had roommate problems.

I am not leaving Curry because I experienced bullying by the people I called friends and have to endure seeing them every day.

I am not leaving Curry because I was told by faculty that I wasn't being bullied.

I am not leaving Curry because I was sent in a runaround by faculty and staff to go to see an academic success coordinator.

I am not leaving Curry because once I met with someone at academic success I was told there was nothing they could do for me. I am not leaving because I cannot afford the tuition here.

I am leaving because all of these factors have prevented me from getting the college experience I expected.

All of these factors weighed on me heavily and I have no reason to stay here, enduring potentially another three years of similar scenarios. I will never hear the words "that's not bullying" again. I will never be crying my eyes out in the middle of campus. I will never let myself be treated like this again.

I am leaving because Curry is expensive, and I'd be going into thousands of dollars of debt to stay at a place that has brought me so much pain. Next semester, I'll be studying part-time at a community college, working full time to save up to transfer to a four-year state school.

I am leaving Curry because I need to. Because I want to. Because I will benefit so much more by being on my own, getting a degree at a pace that's right for me.

But don't get me wrong, without living at Curry, I would have never met the couple of true friends that I have made here. I experienced some really good memories, unfortunately, they were tainted by all of the bad.

I am leaving Curry, doing what is best for me, focusing on staying happy and debt free for as long as possible, and I couldn't be happier.