The Dream That Is The Little League World Series

"It's those around that guide you, make you. Without these people we are nothing. Nothing at all."

280

Williamsport, Pennsylvania will soon be the sight, once again, for the Little League World Series August 20th-30th. The tournament is comprised of teams from all over the world and is divided regionally within the United States and internationally. The regions are broken into: Great Lakes, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, New England, Northwest, Southwest, Southeast and West. International divisions include Asia-Pacific, Australia, Canada, Caribbean, Europe-Africa, Japan, Latin America and Mexico.

It is every young players dream to make it to the Little League World Series, it takes countless hours of hard work to win the district, state and regional tournaments to make it to the big stage. I remember growing up watching the games and being the same age as the kids playing. I couldn't imagine the surreal feeling of being a 12 year old playing baseball and having fun in front of millions watching on TV. Even after I finished playing Little League and baseball all together, I would always try to watch as much of the LLWS that I could, and even to this day I do.

The Little League World Series isn't like watching the MLB, either. The players aren't influenced by the money or endorsement deal. These Little Leaguers play to win and have a good time, besides what else is there to do at 12 years old? Although, the talent level doesn't compare to the professionals, what these young guns lack in that area make up for in passion for the game. It's evident too watching them on TV, they give 100% every pitch.

Watching young kids have fun playing a game that averages people 55 years and older is relieving for the sport as a whole. Baseball America's pastime and the game of summer. Making it to the Little League World Series is one of the biggest dreams a young child can have that is somewhat obtainable at this stage in their life. Little League, and all of the volunteers that give up countless hours strive for the future and teach sportsmanship, hard work, dedication and having the time of your life while doing it. I never made it past the state tournament in my Little League career, but if I had the chance to go back and play those four years again with some of my best friends at the time, I would in a heartbeat.

These kids you see playing on ESPN are living their dreams playing a game they love, cheers to them.