9 Professions That We Dream Of Being As Little Kids

9 Professions That We Dream Of Having As Little Kids

Every little kid dreams of being the cool things they see one television, but why don't we ever become them?

96

Remember when you were a little kid and someone would ask you, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and you would say something silly? Well, you are definitely not the only one. Every little kid dreams of being the cool things they see on television, but why don't we ever become them?

1. Astronaut

media.giphy.com

At every family party, there was always on sibling or cousin who would say they wanted to be an astronaut when they grew up. I mean come on, how cool would that be to say you get paid to travel to space!

2. Veterinarian

media.giphy.com

I know that my childhood dream job was a vet all the way. I grew up with dogs all my life and thought to myself that becoming a vet meant that I could always have the company of a dog and that would make my life complete.

3. Professional athlete

media.giphy.com

As kids, most of us play sports. One thing we do not realize is how hard it is to become a professional athlete once we get older. Every child wants to grow up and play games for a living because it sounds more fun than growing up and sitting in an office all day, right? As a kid, I wanted to be a professional dancer, but now I just pay bills like a normal adult.

4. Teacher

media.giphy.com

This one is a little bit more realistic, considering that a lot of kids actually grow up to become teachers including myself. But, as a child, you always are wanting to help in every way so most little kids answers to what they want to be when they grow up is a school teacher!

5. Pilot

media.giphy.com

I am sure that EVERY little boy dreams of being a pilot one day. I know that all my boy cousins at one point or another have said they were going to be a pilot. It was probably all of those toy planes they thought they were actually flying.

6. Artist

media.giphy.com

Imagine growing up and getting paid to color. You could color and draw every day and never have to worry about anything other than being able to color in the lines. This is definitely the dream adult job!

7. Singer

media.giphy.com

I have a video recording of me singing Britney Spears when I was just 6 years old. At that age, I was an aspiring pop singer just trying to make ends meet by hitting the high notes. That was most little girls dream!

8. Police officer or detective

media.giphy.com

Do you ever remember playing with your friends in your backyard sandbox pretending to look for clues on where the hidden treasure was buried? I know I do and as a kid, my friends and I were ALWAYS trying to be a better detective than one another. Also, they make pretty good money in the adult world.

9. Doctor

media.giphy.com

As a child, my friends and I always had that doctor kit where we had the fake tools and gloves and stuff and would each take turns on being the patient or the doctor. We would always come up with some silly reasons to why we were hurt and it always allowed us to have the best imagination!

10. An animal

media.giphy.com

Maybe this is just my weird side coming out, but I would always pretend I was either a dog or a cat when I was a little kid. My sisters and I would talk to each other in our animal voices and we would always say we wanted to be animals when we grew up. Weird, I know.

11. Their parents

media.giphy.com

This is probably cliche but at some point in your childhood you have said or either heard someone say, "I wanna be just like my mom/dad when I grow up," and it is true. I think every kid aspires to be just like their parents or a parent figure in their life.

The real reason I wanted to write about this was that it made me realize that as we grow older our imagination grows thinner. We need to start using our imagination as we did as kids and start doing things that we would not normally do. As a child, we all wanted to be one of these things or something closely related but I am pretty sure none of us actually ended up being these things. Our career paths may have changed, but let's try to keep our childhood imagination as we head into the adult world.