Drama Is Overrated

Drama Is Overrated

80
Drama Is Overrated
Samuel Alexander

So recently there was this whole drama with the pastor and Preserve Marriage Bermuda. Yes, I had my share of posts. I had a nice I told you so response planned. I've had two weeks of vacation to type it and I still haven't. I doubt I ever will. I've come to the realisation that Drama is just not my thing. So if you get a post or two out of me on some serious issue count yourself lucky.

Here's the thing... I have noticed that people live on drama. You don't respond to my texts enough, you always use bad grammar, this is the proper way to wear this shirt, if we're talking and you don't announce your falling asleep I'm going to get mad, if I text you on a dating site or hookup site you have to tell me you're not interested because ignoring a total strange is apparently rude. If you say HI, (which is exactly how you great people in the real world... with a hello) I'm not responding to you. If you don't speak to me I'm going to purposfully speak to you loud and obnoxiously every day until you speak back. The list is endless of all the things people bitch moan and complain about online and here I am just angry people won't buy my books and complaining about our ridiculous bus system.

I've learned that I just can't do drama for drama's sake. Even after I facebook update with something that causes issues I will sometimes ignore the first commenter in hopes that is the only comment and the post gets no traction. I avoid commenting on a lot of peoples posts, or post that an ever-growing list of Facebook friends happen to comment on. After assessing the responses and opinions of so many people the online world that I lived in since I'm so antisocial is also becoming so antisocial for me. Hell, there are even some memes I won't post because of particular people whose comments are specifically designed to ignite unnecessary drama might see it. I just don't understand the need to create problems where they don't exist.

So yeah. there are shitloads of posts I want to comment on, but based on the wording, who it's posted by and who is in the comments, um nope. Don't need that kind of excitement in my life. There are comments that make me want to post stuff, I always back out. It's always more trouble than it's worth. Even after I announce I'm going to voice my opinion I still dont. I just don't care enough. Is this a problem not sure yet. Time will tell.

And yes I could be petty, and start throwing out some I told you so's. Speak on all those DL peeps on the wall praying against same-sex marriage. Expand on how if God is indeed watching that maybe this situation is a direct reflection on his disapproval of hate directed at a certain sect of society. Express how if people were more accepting NO ONE would have to hide and go through the psychological distress of hiding in the first place, thus eliminating the potential of the ever popular homosexual church scandals. (seriously how many will there be before people realise the problem is them and not the outside homosexual community) How everything you do to others will come back to you (probably why I'm still not selling books , haven't finished of my past life's karma yet) How hypocrisy is as hypocrisy does. How much psychological damage is done to the youth both in and outside the church based on one sect's need to be the dictators of all human society because, you know, their way is the only way. And lastly how when people start pointing out the hypocrisy of it all everyone wants to cry and be all sensitive about the backlash. If you take everything in this one paragraph the amount of things I could say would be longer than this blog so far and then some. Even this is too much and I'm considering deleting it.

I honestly don't want to deal with anyone wining and complaining about how we all come short of the glory of God, and blah blah blah. This is why I'm selective with racial memes I share or racially drived post by friends. A lot of random relationship and dating type questions. Lots of Christian posts. Political stuff. More and more I'm sharing less and less unless it's a funny meme. I don't want the drama and realise I don't have a petty button that I can just switch on when I need to bitchfest beyond complaining about my own personal psychosis. Who has time to do that all day everyday. I got enough problems. I'll stick to being a bitter artist and hating the bus system. That's way more than enough drama for me.

It's safe to say that if a response, post, meme, blog by someone else hits me in such a way that I can't respond without the drama I will cop out. Shit, I do that with one ex. If they say anything that even breathes confrontation (always disguised as jokes. Very passive aggressive) no I will not be taking the bait. They either get a response like I actually found the joke funny (yup I'm like that you crack a joke I'll laugh. That's how I roll.) or if it's not even good enough to laugh at no response at all. Of course in the grand scheme of things (stalk my FB profile) I fail more times than I would like at avoiding the drama. But I'm a work in process.

So in the game of petty, confrontation, and drama, the force is not strong. And I'm totally okay with that.