Drake: The Wisest of Them All

Drake: The Wisest of Them All

The one who has subliminally given us advice and life lessons since middle school.
36

Drake, is one of the only rappers I know whose lyrics actually make sense. His goal is to inspire his fans and motivate them to be successful. It almost feels as if he has been subliminally teaching us lessons and giving us advice since middle school — at least for me it does.

Here are a few of the life lessons:

1. “It’s never too late to realize what you want in life and it’s never wrong to fight for it.”

We've constantly been told not to give up on our dreams since we were little by our teachers, parents, coaches and usually just brushed it off. But when Drake tells us, it's a whole different story.

2. "I was born to make mistakes not to fake perfection."

@ me drake, this one was for all the girls who pretend to be someone they're not. Own up to your mistakes and be yourself.

3. "You only live once."

I think we all were going through a stage when "The Motto" came out. At least I was — I thought I was a thug and cool as could be when I rapped this song from beginning to end. These four words are probably the most-known lyrics from Drake, but they actually mean a lot. Yes, obviously we only live once, but according to Drake we should be living life to the fullest.

4. "Count your blessings not your problems."

Drake's goal here was to teach us to hm... how do I say this in a nice way? Not be spoiled brats.

5. "Better late than never, but never late is better."

This advice is something we can truly use as young adults. Being late to meetings, class, work, etc. shows nothing but lack of respect. So get off your butt and plan ahead.

6. "Live without pretending, love without depending, listen without defending, speak without offending."

This one is self explanatory. Preach, Drake, preach.

7. "Sweat pants, hair tied, chillin' with no make up on, that's when you're the prettiest."

Now I would personally like to thank Drake for this one. Thank you for giving me the courage to walk out of my house with no makeup on and a potential bird's nest on my head. I've truly never felt better.

8. "Always smile more than you cry, give more than you take, love more than you hate."

Drake or Gandhi? Honestly, if this doesn't give you motivation to get a Nobel Peace Prize in the future, you're wrong.

Drizzy Drake has been there for our generation through it all: bad breakups, our first party, falling in love, bad decisions, and the list could go on forever. So lets give a huge thank you to Drake for his advice and life lessons, you really are the six god.