Dragons, Angels, And Terrors! Oh My!

Dragons, Angels, And Terrors! Oh My!

The ultimate guide to the Book of Revelation, Part Two

75
Dragons, Angels, And Terrors! Oh My!
friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com

In part one of this series, we talked about John receiving the first part of Jesus’ prophecy. We saw each of the letter that he wrote to the Seven Churches of Asia. In my last article, we ended with the lamb beginning to open the seven seals of the scroll. Part two of this series will cover chapters six through thirteen.

Chapter Six

Here, John sees the Lamb break the first six seals one after another. The first seal brought a white horse with a rider who is carrying a boy with a crown on his head. He rode to faraway places to win battles and gain victories.

The second seal brought another horse but this one was red. Its rider carried a sword and the ability to remove all peace from the Earth. He had the capability to create war and slaughter.

The third seal brings yet another horse and this one is black. The rider is holding a pair of scales in his hand.

The fourth scale brings a horse who is a pale green. Its rider was named Death and his best friend is the Grave. These two are given the authority over one-fourth of the Earth, to kill with the sword of famine, disease, and wild animals.

When the lamb breaks the fifth seal, John sees the souls of all those who had been martyred for the word of God and for being faithful to their Father. A white robe is given to each of them and they were told to rest a little longer until the full number of their brothers and sisters joined them.

When the final seal of this chapter is broken there was a great earthquake. The sun turned black and the moon became blood red. Then the stars fell to Earth. Then all the kinds of the Earth, the ruler the generals, the wealthy, the powerful, and every slave and free person all hid themselves in caves and among the mountains.

Chapter Seven

John sees four angels standing at the four corners of the Earth, all holding the four winds. A fifth angel comes up from the sea carrying the seal of the living God. He tells the other angels not to harm the land or sea until they have placed the seal of God on the foreheads of his servants.

He then sees a vast crowd from every nation and tribe standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white robes and held palm branches. All the angels were standing around the throne and the four living beings. They fell to their knees and worshiped God. The ones clothed in white are those who had died in the great tribulation.

Chapter Eight

When the Lamb broke the seventh and final seal there was a silence in heaven for half an hour. Seven angels stood before God to receive trumpets from Him. Another angel had a incense burner. He filled the incense burner with fire from alter and threw it down upon the Earth. Thunder crashed, lightening flashed, and there was a terrible earthquake.

The first angel blew his trumpet. It brought hail and fire mixed with blood was thrown down upon the Earth. One-third of the Earth was set on fire, one-third of the trees were burned, and all the green grass was burned.

The second angel brought a great mountain to the sea. One-third of the water in the sea became blood, one-third of all things living in the sea died, and one-third of all ships were destroyed.

Then the third angel had a great star fall from the sky. It fell on one-third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The star was named Bitterness. It made one-third of the water bitter and many people died from drinking the bitter water.

The fourth angel blew his trumpet and one-third of the sun was struck, and one-third of the moon, and one-third of the stars. They all became dark and one-third of the day. Then John looked and saw a single eagle cry loudly, “Terror to those who belong to this world because of what will happen when the last three angels blow their trumpets.”

Chapter Nine

The fifth angel blew his trumpet and brought the first terror with him. I star falls from the sky and was given the key to hell. When the star opened the sunlight and air turned dark from the smoke. Then locusts poured from the smoke and descended on the Earth. They were given the power to sting like scorpions. They were told to torture those that didn’t have the seal of God. They had teeth like a lion and tails like scorpions.

The sixth angel brings the second terror. Four angels are turner loose to kill one-third of the people on Earth. Their army contains 200 million mounted troops. The horses have heads like lions, and fire and smoke, and sulfur came from their mouths. Their tails had heads like snakes with the power to injure others. Those who survived these terrors still refused to repent to God.

Chapter Ten

At the start of this chapter John see another angel coming down from heaven and in his hand was a small scroll that had been opened. This angels shouts to the seven thunders (angels) but what the seven thunders reply is kept a secret. There are certain things about the end times that God wants to keep a secret. He has given us all that we need to know to live for him now. The angel tells John that when the seventh angel blows his trumpet that God’s plan will be fulfilled. God then speaks to John. He says, “Go and take the open scroll from the hand of the angel who is standing on land and sea.” The angels tells him to eat it; so he does. It is sweet in his mouth but sour when he swallows it.

Chapter Eleven

John soon sees two prophets. They are represented by the olive trees and the lampstands that are before the Lord. Anyone to tries to harm them will die. They have the power to shut the sky so that no rain will fall for as long as they prophesy. The same power will turn the rivers and oceans to blood and strike the Earth with any kind of plague they wish. When they complete their testimony, the beast will come up from hell and declare war against them. He will conquer them and leave them dead in the streets of Jerusalem. They will not be buried for three and a half day. No one will touch their bodies but after three and a half days God will breathe life into them once again! Then the Lord will call them home to heaven. At the same time there will be an earthquake that will kill seven thousand people in the city.

The seventh and final angel is here to blow his trumpet bringing the third terror. In heaven the Temple of God is opened. Lightning flashes, thunder crashes, and there was an earthquake with a terrible hailstorm.

Chapter Twelve

A woman is pregnant but there is something wrong. There is a large read dragon with seven heads and ten horns, with seven crowns on its heads. His tail sweeps away one third of the stars in the sky and threw them down to Earth. The woman gives birth to a son that will rule all the nations with an iron rod. The dragon takes the woman’s baby. She flees to the wilderness where God has prepared a place for her care for 1,260 days. Then began a war in heaven. Michael and his angels battle and defeat the dragon and his angels and they are forced out of heaven. The dragon, or the one they call Satan, is thrown to Earth with his angels.

When the dragon gets to Earth he begins to pursue the woman but she is given wings to fly to the safe place in the wilderness. The dragon attempts to drown the woman but the Earth opens up to consume all the water. The dragon then declares war on the rest of her children – all those who keep God’s commandments and maintain their testimony of Jesus.