A Downward Slope For My Summer Expectations

Summer 2K16, I'm comin for ya.

6

Since birth, the season of summer has always been an over-glorified time of the year because of the warm weather and lack of responsibilities, but that has led to high expectations and massive disappointment. No matter what, for some reason, these four things always creep in my mind as a possibility during the summertime. And although everyone else around me may seem to be having some success, with only one week left of summer, I can tell you I am not one of them.

1. A Summer Fling

After coming home from nearly 10 months at school, you're either hoping you got better looking or the boys from high school actually gained some maturity. And if all goes well, and either one or both of those happen, then you'll wish to bump into one of your high school crushes, and the rest is history ... for the summer at least. But to your surprise (not really), none of this happens. Of course, you'll always have next summer and hopefully some faith left in you.

2. A Dream Vacation

Considering I haven’t gone on an actual vacation in IDK how many years, you're hoping that this summer your family has some extravagant European or Caribbean getaway. But instead, you're left with living through the numerous Instagram and Facebook photos of your friends drinking out of exotic fruits while on a gondola ride.

3. A High School Reunion

During the start of summer when everyone is back in the heart of home, the “I need to see you, let’s hang out” type of texts start arriving in your inbox. Most of the time, they're from people you barely even hung out with in high school, so the chance of hanging out with them now is slim to none, but this exact interaction is repeated every break.

4. A Summer Body Transformation

This is the time where your motivation to work out should be at its peak, considering your surrounded by girls in bikinis and crop tops. Three months away from school is the perfect amount of time to get your a** in gear and hit the gym. But instead you find yourself inside, eating ice cream on a beautiful day, avoiding any responsibilities let alone physical activity.