Hearts can feel broken sometimes. The important thing to note is that, most of the time, they aren't actually broken. You'll get through that breakup, being ghosted, or that relationship that never was, and here are a few tips to help you do so.
1. Don't listen to sad music if it overwhelms you with heartache; Do listen to sad music if it is what you need to heal.
2. Do watch cartoons. Classic cartoons. I'm talkin' Spongebob, Kim Possible, and Tom and Jerry.
3. Don't stalk their social media. It's not good for you. Look at funny cat videos instead; those are hilarious.
4. Do yoga. Meditation. Good stuff.
5. Don't wear anything of theirs. Throw that sh*t out tbh.
6. Do write it down. You might cry. Write it down anyway, in a journal, on a post it, or a napkin. Just write it down, honey.
7. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there again. This is important. Take chances. Allow yourself to trust again, but remember to give it time first.
8. Do cry. As much as you want. As much as you need to. Screw stigmas.
9. Do finger paint (with your toes).
10. Do bake cupcakes and/or cookies. Eat most of them.
11. Do take a social media break in general, and read a book or two instead.
12. Do drink something that comforts you, like tea or milk. Steer clear of booze.
13. Do find something, preferably something healthy, to help divert your mind and put all your focus into, like schoolwork or crocheting.
14. Do know that losing someone is not worth losing yourself.
15. Do, in the case that you have already lost yourself, whatever means necessary to find yourself once again.