Donut Worry, Be Happy

Donut Worry, Be Happy

District Donuts Sliders Brew: A gem of New Orleans.

9

I have both heard and taken part in many conversations about where to get the best donut around. Well, all the competitions and all the arguments stop on 2209 Magazine Street in New Orleans, at District Donuts Sliders Brew. Just last week, I visited my favorite donut place, and, once again, I was far from disappointed.

Obviously, if I am calling them the best donuts around, they must have some outstanding glazed pastries. They have more of a variety and a more original assortment of donuts than any other donut place I've ever visited. Most donut places have plain glazed, chocolate glazed, jelly filled, etc. But District has so much more than that. District has Rum Raisin, Cannoli, Cookies and Cream, Cookie Dough, Blueberry Cheesecake, Black Cherry and Coconut, Brown Butter Pistachio, Butterscotch Pecan, French Toast, Nutella, Wedding Cake, Birthday Cake, Banana Split, Maple Bacon, and Strawberry Basil – just to name a few. They also carry Cinnamon Sugar, Chocolate Glazed, and Plain Glazed every day, for the less adventurous donut-eaters. Each one is uniquely delicious. No matter what you choose as your meal, you cannot make a wrong decision. All of them are the right decision.

District only sells ten flavors of donuts each day. Every morning, the staff posts pictures of the specials that day on their social media accounts. Besides the three staple donuts, they serve a different variety of seven donuts each day. Followers can decide whether or not to splurge on donuts that day, based on the options they have to choose from, or they can visit at random and be surprised each time. Because every day is different at District.

District is more than just donuts, however. They also serve tasty coffee and sensational sliders. Just the other day, they served a slider with blackened gulf shrimp, corn, radish, and basil mayo. I know. My mouth is watering, too.

As a loyal customer of District, I follow them on Instagram (@districtdonuts) and like them on Facebook at District Donuts Sliders Brew. Through these social media accounts, I have also noticed the sense of community that exists among the staff. The staff are clearly more like a family than just a group of people who work together. And that makes the experience at their restaurant that much more enjoyable. I can also say that the décor of District is unlike any other. Every time I visit, I always notice the light fixture made from the interior keys of a piano. Cool is the only way to describe this place and the people.

I could describe this place for pages and try and convince everyone reading this article to give it a try. But you truly can't understand the magnetism of this establishment until you have visited it at least once. All I'm saying is: if you ever find yourself in the area, or at least close enough to take a little road trip, you should definitely pay District a visit. I promise. You won't regret it.