Don't Forget The Little Things That Make Life What It Is
Health Wellness

Whether it's singing as loud as you can in the car with your best friends, or laughing so hard with someone until it's hard to breathe, these are the moments that make life what it is.

802
Shelby Levine

In life, I believe that sometimes we look too much into the future that sometimes we forget to enjoy the present. I think that we look at things to bring us joy and to bring meaning into our lives that may not always last and may not actually make us as happy as we think they might. I do believe that such an important aspect of life are those little moments in time that make you feel invincible and as if every single little thing will be absolutely 100% OK.

To everyone, these moments may be different. It may be singing as loud as you can in the car with your best friends, or laughing so hard with someone until it's hard to breathe. It can even be something so simple as driving home after a long day at the beach, feeling the cool air on your warm skin with your favorite song playing in the background. You see, this is what life is all about. It's not about waiting for that next paycheck so you're able to pay the bills or attending the same old boring classes 5 days a week. Yes, those are important but it is most certainly not what life is all about.

At times, it's easy to forget about these little moments of happiness when we are so caught up in our busy lives; trying to balance working out, our social lives, work and getting enough sleep. It is easy to feel overwhelmed by it all and to feel as if it's a never-ending cycle. In those times it's important to remember to look back at those small moments of pure, effortless happiness. Let those moments be your reminder of how much more there is to life than all of that, and how pure and effortless life can be at times.

So always remember to never forget the happy thoughts and most importantly- don't forget the little things. At the end of it all, none of this matters if you don't take in those small precious moments with the ones you love. Those are the moments that you will remember and cherish forever and that will make even your darkest days that much brighter. So take in every little moment and hold onto it tight. Let those small moments of pure happiness be your push to keep going and be your reminder of just how wonderful this life is after all.