I Don't Want To Graduate High School

I Don't Want To Graduate High School

Most seniors in their last semester they're more than ready to graduate, but me, I'm perfectly fine.

6
I Don't Want To Graduate High School
everypixel.com

At first, when I started my senior year, it just felt like any ordinary school year, nothing seemed different. Now, I am in the last semester of my senior year about to go on a two-week spring break. To some people, you're probably wondering why I even added that detail in. Well, after I come back from those two weeks it's only 35 days until I graduate! The reality of me becoming as you would say an "Adult" has been hitting me harder these last couple of weeks then it ever has.

The more I look at pictures and people's Instagram accounts in college, the more worried I get. I sit there looking at my phone all the time comparing myself to these girls in college and I think "I will never look like that" or "How are these girls so pretty and why does it seem so easy for them." What I don't realize is that they were all freshmen once too. Nobody started out in college with this outrageous group of friends or the feeling of not belonging (at least I think so).

The more time I spend worrying about college, the more time I'm losing time in my last year of high school. I wish I could just forget about the stress that's coming towards me right now, but we all know I can't. I try to go out with my friends more and just live in the moment. Going out with my friends helps a lot but it's like then I get reminded somehow of the approaching reality and I get so beside myself.

I want to give some advice on this predicament though. I know you're probably thinking about how can I give advice on this when I am struggling. But I am the type of person who can give advice to other people but never take it for myself (strangely enough). My advice for any high schooler who's going through this would be to go out with your close friends more because you might not see them much after high school. Watch movies with your parents, spend time with them, you won't see them much after high school either.

I would also highly recommend taking breaks from vast social media outlets! That's just my advice though, feel what's right for you and don't waste any more time with the people you have around you!