Stop Shaming Cassie For Leaving Colton
relationships

Stop Shaming Cassie For Leaving Colton And Start Blaming Today's Toxic Dating Culture

We're a generation who fears commitment and loves "the chase."

4030
https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/image/2019/1/15/e100730e-1052-44f8-8f4a-c49dbd1bb85a-150365_2798.jpg?w=1020&h=574&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70
ABC

So, last Monday night's episode of "The Bachelor" nearly broke the internet. Okay, no, correction: it DID.

We finally got what we have been waiting for all season; Colton jumped the fence! Or was it a gate? Whatever, it doesn't matter. We watched Colton show his rawest emotions for the first time all season as he was literally shaking over Cassie leaving.

What bothers me the most is the number of women taking it to social media about how Cassie is so heartless and fake for leading Colton on for this long, and that he clearly failed to acknowledge a list of red flags. But she did exactly what she should've in that situation; she left when she knew she couldn't stay any longer and further break his heart.

At the end of the day, she just wasn't ready for an engagement.

But what 23-year-old graduate student is? Like, hello people, college is hard, and relationships are hard, especially long distance.

I know there are the girls reading this going, "Then, why go on the show in the first place?" The chances of "The Bachelor" picking you out of 30 other incredible women is kind of slim. No one actually truly believes going into it that they're "the one" for him, but by fate, it happens.

For Cassie, this may have been the case, and as the weeks approached and she fell for him, she realized she wasn't ready for engagement after just two months of knowing him.

How could you blame her?

The girls who are out there saying Cassie is cruel and heartless, are the exact same girls who dip out of a relationship when the guy is clearly way more into her than she is with him. That is literally our generation. Colton has been doing it all season. He has been sending girls home every week that are borderline obsessed with him, in order to keep chasing girls who are showing slightly less interest!

This is the nature of the show.

Two weeks ago, Colton sent Caelynn home over her bestie, Cassie. I honestly think this is the purest example of how our generation thrives off of "love". Not to mention Caelynn told him she was ready to be the mother of his kids; he sent her home over Cassie, who was the only girl who hadn't professed her love for him.

If that doesn't describe our generation, then I have no idea what does.

Think about it.

As much as we love to be chased by the guy, we like the case more. It feels overly obsessive and protective when a guy is constantly up your butt, wanting to see you all the time and talk to you every hour of the day.

To some girls, I just described the perfect man. To other girls, they know exactly how annoying this can be when you need a little space. It all goes back to the saying: "We all want what we can't have," and everyone has experienced that once or twice in their life.

I give huge props to Cassie for listening to her heart and leaving, despite what she knew what would be said about her by our entire nation. She was authentic and stuck to her decision to leave, even after she did in fact finally tell him she loves him.

So, before we all start freaking out and tearing Cassie down, can we please back up for like three seconds? Remember that every girl handles emotional situations differently, especially with the unique environment of this show. Although it is TV, these are real people, with real, raw, genuine feelings.

Let's stop pretending this is a scripted plot. I'm praying Colton sticks to his word, chases her down, and fights for her.