As Cuffing Season Approaches Us, Please Remember Not To Settle

Cuffing szn is highly influential, but let's not forget our worth.

35
Photo by Hannah Cook on Unsplash

Fall is my favorite season; it always has been. The pumpkins everywhere, cool weather, apple cider, oversized sweaters, drive ins, spooky movies, changing leaves, must I say anything else? '

However, with all these changes, it's hard not to wish for someone to do these things with and to go through the fall festivities alongside. It seems like everyone around us who are in happy relationships is definitely showing it more than usual on social media. This phenomenon is called cuffing season, where everyone around you is either "falling in love", or "in love".

These factors come together in one season and make it really hard to not wish you had a bae of your own. However friends, please please please please PLEASE, do not let the pressure of cuffing season mess with your expectations and standards of your partner.

I know it's easier said than done – but as someone who has settled time and time again, the wait is so much better than being in an unhappy and unhealthy relationship.

Every time you get the urge to settle for someone, take a step back and ask if you are swooning for the bare minimum. Are you swooning over basic compliments without anyone actually getting to know you? Are you swooning for the person who Snapchats you explicitly after 10:30 pm every night?

If so, maybe you really need to consider what you really want right now. If you are OK with something not-so-serious, that's perfectly OK! But if you are wanting something more than that, you cannot settle. Point blank.

Be with the person who loves you the way you need to be loved, someone who respects your needs, boundaries, and is willing to be here for you beyond the fall festivities.