Don't Settle For Just Anyone

Don't Settle For Just Anyone

You're worth so much more.

66
Don't Settle For Just Anyone
Google Plus

We live in a time where being in a relationship is everything. Romance is the most exciting thing you can talk about with friends. Sex is something to brag about. Insisting that your significant other is “the one” is all too normal.

In a world where people, especially young people, so desperately feel the need to fit in with those around them, they seem to jump into relationships with whomever waltzes in the quickest.

Girls are settling for guys who will only treat them okay. Guys are settling for girls who will push them around and expect the world from them.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that everyone under the age of 25 is unhappy in their relationship. Romance is so romanticized, if you will, these days, however, that people can’t wait to find love.

They can’t wait to find what their parents or their best friend or their cousins have. We so desperately desire the happiness and love of another person that we are willing to jump into relationships quickly, hoping to find that special someone.

While it’s ok and good to look for your special someone, you can’t settle for just anyone. You need to find someone who will give you the world because they want to. Someone who thinks you are their world.

Find someone who shares the same interests as you, someone you can talk to until three in the morning because you never find the ends of your sentences.

Find someone who hates your same pizza toppings so you can each have your own pizza and finish the whole damn thing and not judge each other.

Find someone who shares your sense of humor but also doesn’t understand some of your weird jokes.

Find someone who still laughs or at least rolls their eyes and smiles at your weird jokes.

Find someone who appreciates your taste in music and even if they can’t stand your favorite album by your favorite band, they’ll still sit and listen to it with you.

Find someone to watch the fireworks on the fourth of July with but they won’t even watch the show because they’re too busy watching your face light up.

Find someone who you want to see the world with.

Find someone who screenshots all your snapchats, even the ugly ones.

Find someone who acts exasperated but doesn’t mind calls in the middle of the night because you had a bad dream and you just really need to talk.

Find someone you can argue with because no relationship is perfect.

Find someone who, because you love them so much, you begin to love yourself.

Find someone who will meet your family willingly.

Find someone who will attentively watch a movie with you but not watch a single second of another and just want to make out the whole time.

Find someone who will do things with you, like go shopping for new work clothes or pick up groceries for your apartment.

Find someone who makes you excited about the future.

Find someone who treats you like royalty but also calls you dumb names.

Find someone who never stops fighting for you.

Find someone who loves you more than anything because I promise you deserve nothing less.

Don’t settle for just anyone. Don’t look so hard for love and have it consume you to the point where you’ll give any random jerk a chance.

So, whether you’re looking for the perfect guy or girl, make sure they’re living up to your expectations. There’s only one of you in the entire world; whoever gets the privilege of dating or even marrying you is extremely lucky.

You deserve the best so go out there and let them come to you.