I'm Done Letting Regret Eat Me Alive

I'm Done Letting Regret Eat Me Alive

Regrets will always come and go, but a mistake from the past does not define who we are now.

153
I'm Done Letting Regret Eat Me Alive

Recently I've noticed myself regretting things. And it's things that I've done in the past, mistakes or things said, and even though they were many years ago, they've chosen to come back and fill me with some more regret.

But I've decided that I'm not letting my regrets and anxiety get to me anymore.

Regretting past mistakes is honestly a waste of time. It makes completely no sense to dwell on things that have happened previously because it's honestly not going to change the past whatsoever.

It's better to look at what came of the situation, take away what you can, and learn from it so that it doesn't happen again. Holding onto something that makes you feel terrible isn't going to help you blossom into a better person, it's going to hold you back because of the thought of making another mistake.

I've learned that everyone makes mistakes and that no one is perfect, but it's what we take away from those mistakes that matter. There's no point in thinking "what if," it's not going to make a difference, you can't time travel. Every lesson life gives you is just another part of the weird journey.

It's just as important to forgive your self, just as you expect others to forgive you. For every wrong decision, there's the right one you'll now make. Regrets will always come and go, but a mistake from the past does not define who we are now.