Coffee vs. Tea: Please Don't Make Me Choose

It's the greatest caffeine-themed debate of all time.

23
Andrea Di

The great debate. Which one is better, coffee or tea? The question that confounds many and causes disagreements between friends. Personally, I can't make that decision. I love both tea and coffee.

Like seriously, I love drinking tea and coffee. I have to have a cup of coffee in the morning or I just can't function. I'm not human without my morning coffee. But on those nights when it's cold and I just want to cuddle up into ten blankets, tea is the perfect companion.

There are pros and cons to both coffee and tea. Coffee makes everything ok. Tea can have very soothing effects. Coffee gives me life. Tea can have health benefits. Coffee is just brilliant. But I like my tea too.

I have a drawer filled with tea. Loose leaf tea and bagged tea and all different flavors. But the taste of coffee is just wonderful too. And there are different types of coffee, that changes their flavor. Like light, medium or dark roast. It changes their intensity and how strong they are.

Another bonus of drinking either tea or coffee that is fun is the cups. Like tea cups and coffee cups. I am a bit biased since I have a decent collection of tea cups given to me but it's fun finding ones with unique designs or funny sayings. I can't tell you how fun it is to look for new cups for yourself or for a friend.

But how can someone choose between tea or coffee? I have one friend who calls tea "leaf water' and isn't that fond of coffee either but enjoys a Starbucks every now and then. While the most basic definition might be leaf water I still like to think of it as something more. The same could be said for coffee just being bean water. But either way, I love them both.

It's the great debate, which one is better, tea or coffee. Some countries like the UK have tea time. A time dedicated to tea. I love it! And I mean it's not like you can't find a coffee shop somewhere in the US. So why does there have to be a choice between the two?

I bonded with my friends over tea and coffee. Early mornings after a late night required at least two cups of coffee and those late night study sessions where you hope that you'll get sleep at some point a cup of herbal or fruit tea is just what the doc ordered.

Most would have thought I would have picked a side in this battle but hey! why not enjoy the best of both worlds. I enjoy a hot coffee in the morning and I like warm tea on a cold night. And you know what goes great with either? Cookies! So instead of debating about which one is better, just grab a cup of anything and some cookies and enjoy!