27 Reasons You Should Never Fall In Love With A Cancer, But If You Already Have, Good Luck

We are a crazy mess, but who doesn't love one of those?

528

It's all fun and games until you have a Cancer crying on your shoulder after a romantic dinner because they didn't say, "Thank you" to the waiter enough times. Maybe that's dramatic, but you'd be surprised what you can get yourself into. We wear our hearts on our sleeves and there is no way getting around it.

Us Cancers are generally overly emotional and overly sensitive, but we will also smother you with hugs and kisses. We are a crazy mess, but who doesn't love one of those?

I am the definition of a Cancer crab and know exactly what it's like to cry for no reason and overthink every conversation I've ever had. Now, not every cancer is an emotional, moody wreck, but if we are listening to the zodiac character traits, oh yes we are.

Here are 27 things you should know before jumping into a relationship with a Cancer:

We hate conflict of any kind

This includes confrontation and if you raise your voice at us even one octave, we will be crying, "Don't scream at me!"

We like to stay in our comfort zones

We like what we like and we will try something new when we are ready.

We overthink everything and everyone

We spend our nights staring at the ceiling overthinking that one conversation we had with a friend's friend because we want them to like us.

We are persuasive and maybe a little bit manipulative 

We can be super charming and will wrap you around our fingers.

We remember everything

Plus, we take everything very seriously.

We are usually clingy, but there are times when we need some "me time"

We usually want to be with you all the time, but don't be surprised when we flip the switch and ask to be alone. But, on the upside, we are super loyal.

SEE ALSO:My Boyfriend And I Are Quarantined Together, Which Makes 'Me Time' More Important Than Ever

We follow our hearts more than our heads

Following our gut is the way to go as we are usually right.

We won't shine if you introduce us to a lot of friends at once

Not all cancers are shy, I for sure am not, but as a rule of thumb, we do better in small groups. We want to be comfortable in social situations or else we will crawl back into our crab shell.

We empathize with everything

We feel hard and when you cry, we cry.

We get attached quickly

Yeah, we generally aren't the one night stand kind of people.

We will always offer our shoulder to cry on but we sometimes forget about ourselves

We are there for everyone, but this can mean we don't spend enough time focusing on self-care.

We can't just grow a thicker skin

We get it, we are sensitive and dwell on things that hurt us, but it's hard to just let it go.

We cry at movies and TV shows. All. The. Time.

Every time people breakup on The Bachelor Franchise, I can't help but cry. Breakups just suck so much.

We have multiple personalities

We can go from extremely happy to extremely sad in under 5 minutes.

We are hoarders

We are sentimental with everything and don't know how to let things go.

We know exactly what you're thinking

We aren't nosy, but we are intuitive.

We cry, like a lot a lot

We could fill buckets with our tears. Scratch that, we could all make an ocean just for us.

We may try to parent you

Our parenting instincts are on point, but sometimes you don't want us babying you.

We like to be right and get our way

Although we are selfless and kind, we want to win every argument.

If you don't make us feel safe, we will look somewhere else

We aren't afraid to go fishing for something new if we don't feel supported.

We want to know everything, the unknown is a daunting thing

We don't like the phrase, "I don't know."

We love hard

Are you sure cupid isn't real because when we fall in love, it's all or nothing.

We are green with envy

We are the type of people to dream about you cheating on us and wake up pissed at you.

We are overly protective

We only want what's best for those we care about.

Sometimes, we are pretty pessimistic

It comes with the moodiness.

We are insecure but we don't like to show it

There are things that we hide because we don't want to be seen as weak.

We are sometimes too forgiving

Some people say we are naive and too nice, but we want to believe the best in people.

At the end of the day though, Cancers are full of love and there are only a handful of eye-rolling characteristics compared to the absolutely amazing ones.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.