Don’t Look Back On The Past

Don’t Look Back On The Past

a decades reflection

65
Don’t Look Back On The Past

I’m going to start by saying, wow! We are almost approaching a brand new decade! That’s honestly just so crazy to me!

For those of you who grew up around the same time I did, (late 90’s, early 2000’s) this is going to be the time where many of us start brand new lives. This next decade will bring many of us the things we were fantasizing about in the beginning of the “10’s” such as college graduation, moving out on your own, getting a “real” job, and even marrying our very own Prince Charming or Cinderella. If I’m being honest, I’m going to have to admit my parents were right when they told me not to grow up so fast because at this very moment, I am scared of what the future holds. “Adulting” just doesn’t sit well with me, at least, not yet.

But in reality, we can’t think like that. We are at the age where we have to step up, and sadly, we aren’t getting any younger. So as we continue to grow in age, we should push ourselves to grow as people as well.

This decade has been hectic for me, especially over the past few years. I personally have faced so much love, fun, happiness, adversity, heartache, pain, and everything in between. I’ve met so many lovely people over the past ten years, as well as others who have not been the best, and whether they are still in my life or we have parted ways, I am still forever grateful for each individual who I have crossed paths with because I have learned something from each and everyone of them.

During this decade, I have cried, laughed, screamed more times than I can count. I have had it so good, and I have had my fair share of rough times to, but as we bring in the new year and new decade I’m ready to put all the bad behind me.

This coming decade, I do not want to reflect on the bad things that I have been through. I want a fresh, positive start. Start the new year off on positive aspects such as love, happiness, kindness, family, friendship. I want to focus on the things in life that matter most. My goal is to grow and to become the best version of myself I can be, and develop in ways I never have before. This decade I want to learn, learn to live my life looking forward, and not dwelling on my past. I want to be free of the hardships that I have faced that have prevented me from my own personal growth. I want this decade to be different.

I am not saying I will not face hardships, heartache, adversity and darkness throughout the next ten years because that’s truly impossible, but I will no longer dwell on these things and prevent myself from moving forward. I will win against these evils that prevent me from being the best version of myself. I encourage each and everyone of you reading this to do the same. Every individual is special in their own way and we all have the ability to grow! Let’s make this decade the best one yet!

Best of wishes to you all, and Happy New Year!