An Open Letter To Myself: I Don't Really Like You
Mental Health

If I would meet myself at a party, I wouldn't stay for conversation.

689
written letter

This is a letter to myself. So I'll start it like this: I don't like you.

It's got nothing to do with what you look like. It has to do with how you act, how you speak, how you present your emotions. You can be a real drama queen, and not always a lovable one. It's funny. You tend to overreact about the smallest things, but you sit back and let big things slide.

It's like you think you deserve to let big things take a back seat while you dwell on tiny issues that give you something to complain about. You try not to be negative, especially when it comes to the people you care about, but you can be so negative about yourself. Stop doing that.

You never invest in your own happiness. You second-guess yourself and wonder why good things pass you by, but it's you. You let things pass you by, you let opportunities pass because you're lazy. My goodness, you can really be lazy. Not just physically, but mentally. You always say "I'll do it soon" and then you never do.

If I met you at a party, I would find a way to get out of talking to you. You can be way too loud at times, and then too quiet at others. So I don't know how to read you. You are unreadable. You have so many things on your surface that do not make sense, but when you go deeper, it's another mystery.

At least try to meet your mind and soul halfway. Try to look for yourself, try to find yourself because I'm sure there's more to you, but you'll never know if you don't try.

Sincerely,

Yourself

P.S. I'm sorry for being hard on you, but it's only because I think you really need to reconsider who you are. Reconsider your own importance and worth. You'll be surprised to find out how much you can find out about yourself.