Why I Don't Like Donald Trump

Why I Don't Like Donald Trump

Hint: It has nothing to do with "politics."

168
Why I Don't Like Donald Trump
Lolworthy

Donald Trump has become one of, if not the most, controversial political figure in American history. I do not like Donald Trump, and I am disappointed in the following he has garnered and disgusted that he has been able to cause this division in our society. What started out as a joke has now become an alarming reality for the U.S. and the world. Let me preface this all by saying I have no problem with anyone's political opinions. However you feel about taxes, big government or universal healthcare is totally up to you, and everyone has the right to an opinion. However, bigotry, xenophobia, sexism and racism are not political opinions or ideas. They are just wrong, and I will treat them as such. I will also preface this by saying that my opinions of Donald Trump have nothing to do with candidates in other political parties; I would dislike Trump just as much, no matter who was opposing him, his gender, or his race.

His comments are worse than his hair. Donald Trump has made a multitude of comments about women, very few of them are actually a compliment. The reality is that if you're not a male, he does not respect you as much, if at all. He has commented on military sexual assaults, saying "26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military, only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men and women together?" Yes because putting people of the opposite sex together should just negate sexual assault. As if this is an acceptable way of life for the military he loves so much. If that isn't bad enough, it gets worse. He also said "You know, it doesn't really matter what [the media] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass." You can not be serious? Unfortunately, he is. He also claimed that women only won "The Apprentice" because of sex appeal and that women wouldn't have a job if they weren't beautiful. Yes because that is all we have to offer this world, right? No! If you are a woman and support Donald Trump, I am not saying you are wrong for doing so. However, it is clear that he is a sexist. If you don't believe me, there are more than 40 more comments that are degrading toward women. I didn't even bring up his comments about Megyn Kelly or how successful women are ugly or how he said that you have to treat women like shit. This would be 5,000 words if I did. I just want to ask, do you really want to vote for someone who values a nice piece of ass over intelligence and equality?

Trump doesn't stop at just insulting women; he is the gift that just keeps on giving. Remember that time he said Mexicans are bringing in crime and they're rapists? Yeah, well he also called them killers, too. Racism? Blanket statements? Generalizations? Are his supporters in denial, or are they OK with this? Do they really think Mexico purposely sends all their criminals to America? Because Trump does. He later went on to say, "Well, somebody is doing the raping, Don! Who's doing the raping?" As if no other population could do such a thing. Maybe you should check into people like Brock Turner or the thousands of other people who sexually assault college students every year instead of blaming all the "Mexicans." Don't worry, though, violent crime isn't just Mexicans' fault; it's black peoples', too, in major cities.

Perhaps this is why he has a 94 percent disapproval rating with African-Americans and 89 percent disapproval among Hispanic-Americans. So, basically only white people like Trump, more specifically white men. Why? Because those are the only people he likes.

If you support Donald Trump and you agree with these statements, well, OK then, there is nothing I can do about that. If you support him and you are ignoring these things, or just pointing out the negatives of other candidates, I ask that you really look at something more than political party or slogan. Do you want someone who blames Orlando on the president, rather than hate or gun control? Someone who accepted congratulations in the wake of tragedy? Someone who wants to ban an entire religion and deport an entire ethnicity from our country? Someone who devalues an entire gender? Is that really what you want? Our nation and the entire world depends on your vote; use it wisely not selfishly.

Donald Trump has said many other things, and there are many other issues that I could point out here. However, my goal of this was to point out the fact that the main reason I don't like Trump has nothing to do with actual "politics." It has to do with the things he says that has clearly revealed his belief in white privilege and male supremacy. But hey, that'll definitely make America great again, right?