I Don't Know About You, But I Do Not Want to be 22

22nd Birthdays are the WORST.

16
Cassie Hall

Your 21st birthday, uggggh, it doesn't get better than that. Literally though, birthday's do not get better. Your 22nd birthday is just a remind that you aren't 21 and fun anymore (even though I'm going to kill the 22 game). After my 22nd birthday I felt myself thinking, "Wow, so is this the time I start lying about my age..". At 22 years old I know that I will be graduating and will have to start being a real adult, not just a "fake" 18-21 year old adult that still has their parents making doctor appointments. To be honest, I am so reliant on my parents it is unreal and not good in my case at all. I'm constantly texting (yes texting because I'm not a big phone call person, but who is) them to transferring money from my account, calling them about basic questions I should have known years ago, and still don't have my social security number memorized, oops. "Hey mom, so um how do I work an ATM machine again.." I know that life is about to hit me in the face real hard very soon and it is not going to be pleasant, but I guess that's what growing up involves, right? I mean c'mon, when you think about it your 21st birthday is such a tease. You've got nothing to look forward to after that. The thrill of finally being of age can't be beat.

Okay, but really being 22 isn't all that bad. You're still young and will probably be graduating and starting some fab career (hopefully but also unlikely). And hey! You're a year closer to getting married! NOT. Please, I do not want to think about the "M" word at all. I'm just trying to be with friends, buy a puppy, and be the life of the party at the bar for a few years (forever). I'm currently only a week into the 22 lifestyle so maybe it won't be as bad as I'm expecting it to be. I mean, I will be graduating and I am determined to buy a puppy, but now I just feel as though I'm just getting old from here on out. Where did the time go? Long story short, I am V bitter about not being 21 anymore. Hopefully I'm feelin' 22 as much as T Swift did.