News Flash: You Can't Invalidate My Love For Something Because You Don't Understand It

Find what makes your soul shine brighter than the golden sun.

957

As the passionate, blue-eyed girl expresses her love for her favorite band, a crude classmate turns around and blurts out "nobody cares about your obsession." Her pale skin turns red as her eyes fill up with tears. The confidence she once had about expressing her love for her favorite band has crumbled, all because of one ignorant classmate.

Unfortunately, people judge others and make them feel bad about themselves when they are openly passionate about something they love. People are so quick to judge something when they lack understanding of it.

Instead of opening their minds, they open their mouths and name-call. They throw around the words "obsessed," "not normal" and "weird," without thinking about the potential harm they may cause.

I am far too familiar with the judging and the name-calling.

I am very passionate and enthusiastic about the person I idolize... In the eyes of some, I may be a bit too passionate. However, I don't believe it is anything I should be ashamed of. Granted, it may get annoying seeing the same caption that blurts out "I love him" several times a month, but where is the harm? There is none.

It's OK to get lost in what you love in. Sometimes, it's the only thing that helps you get through the rough patches in your life.

For instance, my favorite movie is what got me through my freshman year of high school — when I had no confidence and no friends. When I first watched the movie, I felt as if sunbeams wrapped around my soul and whispered words of reassurance into my ears. To this day, whenever I watch that movie, I still feel the warmth and comfort.

Watching videos of my idol is sometimes the only thing that can make my anxiety go away. Even such a small act of looking at his picture can make fill my cloudy days with sunshine.

It's completely understandable that some people don't get it and might find it strange, but everyone has something that makes their soul light up.

Respect what people love and don't ever make them feel bad about it. Encourage them instead.

God knows what people think of my love for my idol, but I have learned to not care — even though I am extremely sensitive.

So, get lost in what you love. Let it consume you. Passionately express your love for everything that makes you happy and pay no mind to what others think. Allow yourself to be happy. Take pride in the things you love. There is no harm in doing so.