Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

Are you guilty of this?

44
Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover
Like Success

How many times have you been told not to judge a book by its cover and yet you still do? How many times have you passed judgement on someone to only find out that you were extremely wrong?

This happens a lot in the media. The media only portrays celebrities as “stars”, they never delve any deeper than the superficial parts, to the human parts, of a celebrity. Unfortunately, the media, for the most part, only spotlights the bad that is happening. Now, in fairness, sometimes there isn’t anything underneath that superficial layer or any good happening, what you see is what you get, but there are many celebrities whose character goes deeper than their outside layer. This causes the people who don't really know the celebrities, the fans, to assume we know more about the celebrity than what we actually do. Most people do this to one of the most famous celebrities, Ashton Kutcher. A lot of people have watched Kutcher grow up in the spotlight. From being a young man in That 70's Show to his most recent series as an adult called The Ranch, which is on Netflix. Now, let me tell you, this man defies everything that describes the "typical" celebrity.

Ashton Kutcher has recently gone in front of the UNITED STATES SENATE to address the issue of human trafficking. Kutcher is the co founder of a company called Thorn. Thorn is an agency that is developing technology to help save victims of human trafficking, and also to bring human trafficking to its end. He claims that he has been told to “stick to his day job”, which I must point out is rude. Kutcher is a husband, a brother, a son, and a father in his everyday life, who happens to also an actor. Beyond all of that, he works daily to stop human trafficking. He has been on FBI raids to save young children and has even seen graphic videos of young children being abused. No one, especially not a child, should endure that. Kutcher and his team are used as the “last line of offense” when it comes to human trafficking and saving children.

So, let this be a short lesson. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Things are not always as they appear. Do your research before passing judgement.

See Kutcher’s Full Video Here:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a8877847...

Here is the NHTRC phone number(s):

National Human Trafficking Resource Center

Call 24/7: 1 (888) 373-7888

SMS: 233733 (Text "HELP" or "INFO")